'85 Ranger Restomod


Featured Build Threads

One issue I have been dealing with all summer... is transporting a canoe. I have just used my F-150, canoe is 14' long and the truck bed is 6.5', with the tailgage down it worked but the truck could haul or tow nothing else and was more than slightly exceeding 2' past the tailgate which IIRC is the law.

Been watching for a roof rack for the Bronco but nothing has really worked out.

So I snagged a pair of gutter rmount brackets to build something for the Ranger.

'85 Ranger Restomod

Getting it measured

'85 Ranger Restomod

Mark it very thoroughly

'85 Ranger Restomod

Install the tie downs

'85 Ranger Restomod

Install the brackets

'85 Ranger Restomod

Looking good so far

'85 Ranger Restomod

Looks even better now

'85 Ranger Restomod

'85 Ranger Restomod

Rear is tied off to the rear tie downs that are there for the camper

'85 Ranger Restomod

I drove it for around 10 miles, nothing shifted and really the truck didn't even drive any different.

It is also kind of neat I can see the front of the canoe thru the windshield and the rear straps in the rear view mirror to keep an eye on things. And if I want I could reach out the window and grab the front strap.

'85 Ranger Restomod

And I also replaced the blower motor switch and drivers side door position switch. Both were easy fixes and in serious need for replacement.
Now that I am older, I tend to like trailers, even for a canoe. The downside is storing them.
 

Attachments

  • '85 Ranger Restomod
    507056947_24158000727140503_5982749316823518922_n.jpg
    291.1 KB · Views: 1
Once these trucks get to the condition ours are in, any further degradation of "performance" is negligible

There is that, but it also didn't pull weird or make a bunch of noise like it was catching a bunch of air.

Now that I am older, I tend to like trailers, even for a canoe. The downside is storing them.

Neat idea but I gotta pull a different trailer at the same time...

'85 Ranger Restomod
 

Upcoming TRS Events

Sponsored Ad

Latest posts

Featured Ranger Based Vehicle

TRS Latest Video

Official TRS Merchandise

Follow TRS On Instagram

Back
Top