5 speed 2.9 v6 fuel injected 86 ranger manual transmission fluid flush


Featured Build Threads

vsranger86

5+ Year Member

Joined
Jan 28, 2017
Messages
2
Points
501
Vehicle Year
1986
Transmission
Manual
I need some help locating the drain and fill bolts on my transmission to this 86 ranger I recently bought. Any links to a picture and layout would be great. The truck is pretty rusty and I would like to replace these bolts, so sizes or part numbers to those would be great too. I appreciate the help I will probably be having more questions here soon I want to make sure she is going to last I've only had it a for a week but I love it. The previous owner took decent care of it and kept up with the truck so i want to as well.
 
I need some help locating the drain and fill bolts on my transmission to this 86 ranger I recently bought. Any links to a picture and layout would be great. The truck is pretty rusty and I would like to replace these bolts, so sizes or part numbers to those would be great too. I appreciate the help I will probably be having more questions here soon I want to make sure she is going to last I've only had it a for a week but I love it. The previous owner took decent care of it and kept up with the truck so i want to as well.
There is an extensive section of the Tech Library, with ID guides, pictures, and exploded parts diagrams, specifically for transmissions.

Also, this question would be more appropriate in the "Transmissions" sub-forum instead of the "2.9L Engine" sub-forum.

Check out the Tech Library and see if that can answer your question.

Also, I'd recommend purchasing a basic service manual by Chilton or Haynes, if you intend to do your own maintenance on your truck long-term.
 
Thanks. Much appreciated I will probably check out one of the manuals.
 

Upcoming TRS Events

Sponsored Ad

Featured Ranger Based Vehicle

TRS Latest Video

Official TRS Merchandise

Follow TRS On Instagram

Back
Top