302 how big can i stroke it


Featured Build Threads

thunderuncle244

Forum Member

Joined
Sep 10, 2025
Messages
143
Points
101
City
Jacksonville
State - Country
FL - USA
Other
the creeper for when my truck breaks down
Vehicle Year
2002
Vehicle
Ford Ranger
Drive
2WD
Engine
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
if it aint broke break it
I have been up and down the internet trying to find how much stroke i can put in my 302 without grinding the block im going 60 over just want to know how far i can push dont know if this is the best place to ask thank you
 
331 and 347 are common, IMO 331 is better for durability. I don't know about grinding though.

OE blocks are pretty weak, they like to split in half around 400hp.

351W... is a 351 so it starts out with more stroke than a 302 can and has a much stronger block. If you want bigger you can stroke it as well.

Downside is that it has a slightly bigger footprint in the engine bay but is still manageable.

But then a Godzilla is bigger yet with about the same footprint as a 351W

'tis a slippery slope... :fie:
 
well the ranger engine bay aint huge
 
well the ranger engine bay aint huge

Agreed.

I have a 302 in mine, a 351W is a little snugger (wider/taller) but has been done quite a bit. I wouldn't be afraid to go that route if I came upon one.

They say a Godzilla is about the same size as a 351W but I don't know of one being swapped into a Ranger yet.
 
I doubt the ac will fit with a 351?

I say this because while you can get by with no ac in florida you might as well already be in hell:pissedoff:
 
AC is for wimps.

There.
I said it.
I mean it.

It saps power and takes up valuable space. Unnecessarliy complicates things. Get rid of it. People lived for thousands of years without it.

Be a man.
 
AC is for wimps.

There.
I said it.
I mean it.

It saps power and takes up valuable space. Unnecessarliy complicates things. Get rid of it. People lived for thousands of years without it.

Be a man.
if i recall it snos in south carolina we can easily get by with no heat but 104 in a traffic jam no ac is not fun
 

Upcoming TRS Events

Sponsored Ad

Featured Ranger Based Vehicle

TRS Latest Video

Official TRS Merchandise

Follow TRS On Instagram

Back
Top