1992 Ford Ranger XLT 2wd Motor swap and lift


Featured Build Threads

Joined
Aug 8, 2026
Messages
2
Points
1
City
Monroeville
State - Country
IN - USA
Other
1999 GMC Sierra SLT
Vehicle Year
1991
Vehicle
Ford Ranger
Drive
2WD
Engine
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Total Lift
None
Total Drop
None
Tire Size
Stock
I have a 92 Ranger, and I think the motor took a dump, I would love to put a 302 or something in place of the 2.3. What all do I need for the swap? I’m planning on turning it into a prerunner, with a 4-6 inch lift.
 

Attachments

  • 1992 Ford Ranger XLT 2wd Motor swap and lift
    IMG_2123.jpeg
    243.3 KB · Views: 33
pre runner is pretty wide in definition.

where is the money more important?

if your going for very usable suspension, i would consider an LS engine and a 4l80.

or a coyote.
 
Looking for a cheaper build, I don’t have too much to play with, just something I can have fun with
 

Upcoming TRS Events

Sponsored Ad

Featured Ranger Based Vehicle

TRS Latest Video

Official TRS Merchandise

Follow TRS On Instagram

Back
Top