130amp alternator on 2.8 ranger


Featured Build Threads

Takoda

Forum Member

Joined
Dec 10, 2024
Messages
31
Points
101
Age
28
City
Rockingham
State - Country
N/A
Vehicle Year
1985
Vehicle
Ford Ranger
Drive
4WD
Engine
2.8L
Transmission
Automatic
Total Lift
None
Total Drop
None
Tire Size
235/75R15
Was wondering if anyone had done this with success. Also if I can get an alternator if it was possible to just wire it up with out a mustang harness. I cant seem to find a doner mustang anywhere.
 
You can make your own harness. It's mostly a matter of having the right size wire to handle the current and putting the right connectors on the wires.
 
You can make your own harness. It's mostly a matter of having the right size wire to handle the current and putting the right connectors on the wires.
Should I go by the diagram thats posted in the tech page for this upgrade?
 
I have a alternator shop near me and he made a 200 amp alternator out of my 90 amp. All I had to do was beef up the wiring.
 
I'm running a 130amp mustang 3G Alternator on my 2.9L, with zero issues.
Lots of installation information here on TRS, and online.

I think even ETCG has a video on this upgrade.
 

Upcoming TRS Events

Sponsored Ad

Featured Ranger Based Vehicle

TRS Latest Video

Official TRS Merchandise

Follow TRS On Instagram

Back
Top