holyford86
Some guy with a problem
⭐Supporting Member
💻 TRS Socials
Article Contributor
Boosted (Not Stock)
GMRS Radio License
- Joined
- Aug 6, 2007
- Messages
- 2,531
- Points
- 3,101
- Age
- 40
- City
- Plattsburgh
- State - Country
- NY - USA
- Vehicle Year
- many
- Vehicle
- Ford Ranger
- Drive
- 4WD
- Engine
- 4.0L
- Transmission
- Manual
- Total Lift
- 7
- Tire Size
- 33x12.50R15
I have recently acquired a 08-10 superduty steering gearbox in usable condition. I've read conflicting information on whether it would help with steering effort, as the factory box doesn't seem to provide the reduction in effort I'd like. It seems that the 11+ box is kind of the way to go but requires some extensive frame modification to work on a ranger, which ideally, I'd like to avoid.
I guess what I'm asking is, would this be worth swapping in? And is there a way to get this to work with the factory linkage? Currently running a 33 inch tire and a drop pitman arm on a D35, with a low mile 4x2 ranger factory steering gear and a Cardone saginaw pump. I would also like to avoid using an assist ram if I can get at least some of the way to that level of assist without one. Lines aren't an issue, I'll run adaptors to AN and get a hydraulic hose made locally if necessary.
I guess what I'm asking is, would this be worth swapping in? And is there a way to get this to work with the factory linkage? Currently running a 33 inch tire and a drop pitman arm on a D35, with a low mile 4x2 ranger factory steering gear and a Cardone saginaw pump. I would also like to avoid using an assist ram if I can get at least some of the way to that level of assist without one. Lines aren't an issue, I'll run adaptors to AN and get a hydraulic hose made locally if necessary.

