Please help!!


Featured Build Threads

Joined
Dec 16, 2024
Messages
26
Points
101
City
Holland NY
Vehicle Year
1991
Transmission
Manual
Wondering if an expert can help me out here. 1988 ford ranger my friend just bought. The seller apparently did some clutch work on it and when we got it, he had the slave cylinder connector (aluminum one pictured) duct taped and zip tied. It doesn’t fit but I guess understandably so considering it looks pretty chewed up. Ordered a new master and hose from rock auto and it came with the brass connector. That one seems too long in the nose for the teeth on the quick connect to catch so we ordered the black plastic one. It looks very similar in length to the brass one and doesn’t fit as well. The slave cylinder connector is a black female with metal teeth inside. Is it possible he used a slave from a different make/model? If so, any idea which hose I should get? Thanks in advance!!!
 

Attachments

  • Please help!!
    IMG_4818.jpeg
    284.9 KB · Views: 16
AFAIK, there are 2 possibilities after from 88 up.

Quick look on Rockauto says 88-92 and another 92-09. There are different lines for each slave. They are also for different size master cylinders. I currently have an "invalid" combination in my truck.
 
Sometimes I have to pop the roll pin to use the correct line or just put an adapters on and use an an line
 
I have the invalid combo on my bronco 2....88 master 94 slave....94 line


Usually happens going from 145/146 Mitsubishi to the m5odr1 mazda
 

Upcoming TRS Events

Sponsored Ad

Latest posts

Featured Ranger Based Vehicle

TRS Latest Video

Official TRS Merchandise

Follow TRS On Instagram

Back
Top