• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

ford ranger EGR valve dealer part>>

chadmilliser

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
ok I bought me a ranger 1995 for 4000.00 ( low miles )

the dealer fixed my problems underwarrente
well now that the bubble gum let go i need help .

I think all the garages around hear are a buch of retards . get this the guy that ( fixed ) my truck went to college!!! Try not to laugh at that !
they told me my egr valve was messing up and they fixed it

they used silcon as the gasket
there was a rust hole in the egr . Dont they cost like 50.00 .. cheap o's
the egr pipe was kinda broke and slid back into the pipe .... DEALER PART AND COST ALOT !
Ive spent over 500$ in fixing need less good parts just because the people at advanced auto tell me that is whats wrong.

this is what I need to know . do you think I can go to napa or somwhere and buy the same size pipe as the egr and then the fitting and then a compression fitting or how can I fix that .

my truck is a 1995 ranger splash 4.0 and the pipe brock right in the middle where that one pipe meats the bigger on . is that suppost to fit in there tight . Can I just put some jb weld on it ? any easy ways to get that pipe out of the egr ?

any help will help . :icon_welder:

chadmilliser

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
sorry i miss spelled a few words . I was not looking at what I was typing .
The only reason why I started fixing stuff on my own is when the owner basicly was never IN or they would keep my truck for 3-4 days . They did that 2 times and messed with alot of other stuff. They did not even put the right spark plugs in or even bother to gap them

TRIPLE J AUTO MOIRA NY

Does anyone have any good saying I can plaster on my truck so people will not go there. Ive hear nothing but whore storying ( after I bought it of course )

Bryan22

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
94 extd
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
94 2.3
Transmission
Manual
take it off and weld it?

Destroyer000

January 2009 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Engine Size
4.0. 4.0 Supercharged
Transmission
Manual
the egr tube that comes off the manifold with 2 hoses.. it then comes up an goes to the erg then on the backside of the egr theirs 2 10mm bolts an the tube does almost a 90 an goes up into the intake.. thats one hell of an expensive tube.. my buddies BROKE right at the 90.. truck was running like poop for a few months couldnt figure it out then i saw the break one late night.. took it ALL off an tig welded the hole then used a die grinder an grinded out the inside of the weld.. worked great an save him a TON of cash.. i looked at my tube the other day an mines got a little hole forming at the 90. so if you can weld it that would be your best bet.. or go to the junkyard an get a new tube

MAKG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
About the only place to find EGR tubes is at the junkyard. They are built like huge brake lines. You might get one shipped from a Western junkyard, as they don't get so rusty (no road salt). Other than that, you're either making your own (good luck finding a double flare tool that big) or buying it from the dealer.

phatcap

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.5L
Transmission
Manual
if the crack/hole is small and you don't have access to a welder, use a product called thermosteel. don't use jb weld, it won't hold up to the heat. my egr tube cracked right where it meets the exhaust manifold while i was removing the intake to do spark plugs. instead of removing the pipe, i just undid the egr valve at the intake and tried to push it back out of the way resulting in the cracked pipe. dumb idea.:idiot:
anyway, i tried jb weld first cuz i had some and it just disintegrated and fell off. i found the thermosteel at autozone and that worked. as long as you don't have to worry about inspections...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals