• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Sway bar help

tbirddillon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hi I am new to this forum but have read a lot of the articles and forum post. I have a 91 2wd 2.3 5speed with no sway bars, I'm sure many of you know how bad the body roll is. I am trying to put a sway bar in the front and rear and am having difficulty finding one part the end links for the front. I can get the sway bar, frame brackets and brackets that mount to the front of the I-beam but can't find the end links. I called the dealer and he said Ford discontinued them and no parts stores or online sites have the links just the bushings. Does anybody know where I can get some I already looked in some junkyards with no luck? I am even willing to build my own but have no idea of how long they should be, any information would be appreciated thanks.

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
If you can build your own you are ninety nine percent there. Mount the sway bar to the truck and with the truck at normal ride height, measure the distance between the two mounting points when the sway bar is parallel with the ground. That's how long the links should be. It should be noted that the length is not that critical.

tbirddillon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thanks. I'd still like to find some factory links but at least I have some info to make my own if necessary.

Pony

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
I have a 92 ford ranger sway bar for sale 2.3 5 speed also it will be the same.

if you buy and pay shipping its yours heres a pic the end links need new bushings

also if you live in arizona you can pick it up or ill have to ship it

tbirddillon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I am interested I live in Newark Delaware so it would have to be shipped. How much do you want for it and shipping?

Pony

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Just give me a price ill have to find out shipping cost

Pony

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
i dont think it would be worth it to ship it the price will be ridiculous vut ill be sure to find out how much

tbirddillon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yea shipping probably will be crazy since it is kinda big. I am going to search the junkyard this weekend. Would you be willing to sell the links and possibly the mounts depending on what I can find? Last time I was there I saw a truck or two that still had the bar on it minus the links. I will let you know what parts I'll need as soon as I can. I appreciate the help, never thought this part would be so hard to get.

Pony

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
sure ill be checking up on this and just tell me what you will need and we will go on from there the ends will need new bushings or whatever they use

upnsmoke

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
What junkyard do you go to? I'm in Baltimore. I see a few second gens in Crazy Ray's most times I go. I'm planning to go this weekend and will keep an eye out for front sway bars if I think of it. I've been meaning to try one on my truck at some point as well.

tbirddillon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Well I got lucky and found a sway bar from a ranger and I got end links off a BII. I was able to mount the sway bar but not the links. Does anyone if they are the same as the ranger? The ones i got are angled outward from the I beam to the sway bar.

tbirddillon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I usually go th B&H in North East MAryland they have a big u-pick yard and good prices.

upnsmoke

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I haven't been to B&H. I'll have to check them out sometime. I have been looking for an alternative to Crazy Ray's. They are pretty low rent and get annoying sometimes. Trying to pull something like an engine or transmission is often more of a chore than it needs to be. The prices are good though. Do your links look like the ones in Pony's pictures? It will be interesting to see if they bolt up. If they are similar you may even be able to bend them a little if need be.

tbirddillon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yea they look similar but the ones I have seem to be angled more, I'll make it work one way or another. What parts are you looking for? I'm probably going back to B&H again on Thursday and I can see if they have the parts you want. I never tryed pulling an engine or trans there, they will do it for you but it costs extra.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals