• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

rear vs. door speakers

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
ok so I replaced my door speakers a while ago and I have decided to upgrade my rear cab speakers. I noticed that the magnet on the back was smaller than the door speakers so I was wondering if they were tuned more for lower frequencies like the bass. also what should I get to replace them? subwoofers? the rest of my system is pioneer.

Thanks

_

Last edited:

feellnfroggy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
The speakers in the back have smaller magnets to accomodate the lack of room in the cab walls. A set of standard 6x9 speaker magnets will not fit in the rear of my truck. I have an ext cab 93. They stick out by about a half inch. THere is just more room inthe doors. My plan is to make a headboard of sorts above the rear window for speakers so I can angle them where I want and not get in the way of cargo.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
v6 3.0
Transmission
Automatic
iv had about 3 sets of speakers in the rear of my 93 ext cab, and evey one of them has fit no problem just as long as their 6x8's not 6x9's

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
so i guess what you guys are saying is that essentially, the door speakers and rear speakers are the same? that makes choosing replacements easier.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals