• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Hello from central Indiana!

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hey everyone, I picked up a ranger a while back and I did a little reading on them before that. I had never really paid much attention to rangers before I got mine, I really liked the s10. But my buddy was selling his for 500 bucks and I couldn’t pass it up. I did some quick reading to see if I can rely on it and this site seemed to be a good source of information. Anyway, onto the truck.

It’s a 1994 regular cab long bed with a 3.0 Vulcan, 5 speed, 4x4, and approximately 300k miles. (Odo was broken when I got it, had been broken for at least 3 owners. Reads 282 now). Runs like a top but burns a bit of oil and the synchros are pretty shot.

Current mods:
2005 rear leaf packs (4 leafs each pack)
Really crappy glasspack exhaust
Pretty junky 2 tone paint job
Aftermarket wheels, no idea what they are but they were on it when I bought it
2005 60/40 seats

Future mods:
Redo the exhaust (same setup but higher quality. This one is rusted out)
Newer bed with line-X
06+ front end
Repaint same scheme it is now, but better quality
Flip top sunroof
Potentially a leveling kit up front
Have a set of wheels from a Jeep I’m hoping to throw on eventually just to change things up, but I know the front hubs will pose an issue

I’ll post pics once I can figure out how to on this site. I have some questions about my truck but this has been a long enough post already lol

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Axles/cab mounts

Did a little research in the axles section of the forum and figured out how to tell the axles I have in my truck. I had figured mine are 3.73s, that was about the only part of the tag on the rear diff I could make out, and I knew it was an open diff, but I didn’t know 7.5 or 8.8. Going from the door sticker, it’s a 7.5 inch 3.73 open rear end. The front diff housing has 10 bolts which makes it a Dana 35, UNLESS it’s one of those rare hybrids right?

Also, I’m making a junkyard run tomorrow and I need cab mount bushings for the rear. The mount itself that bolts to the frame, as well as the bushing. I’m not paying 150 PER bracket new. So, it’ll either be one of my bodystyle thy have been recently replaced, OR a clean newer truck. Would the cab mounts from the 06 that I pulled the leaf springs from work? It is a regular cab just like my truck. Push comes to shove I could weld it to the frame, but I would like to be able to unbolt it for future replacement.

ALSO (long day lol) I wrecked the Mazda shop truck today. :damnit1: It’s a 99 b3000, 4x4 extended cab automatic. Only damage it a little bend in the hood, ding in the fender, headlight and bumper. I can save the hood and fender. How hard would it be to put a 98-00 ranger front bumper on this truck? Will all the lines match up? We will likely go with new headlights, but a new bumper is just too expensive. Would like to know before I go tomorrow so any help would be very much appreciated.

There are only 2 Mazda b-series trucks in the junkyards in the whole city, but that bodystyle ranger is super common, that’s why I wanna do the swap.

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
Mazda and Rangers are pretty much identical except for the grills

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals