• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

You know it's cold outside when.....

96Indyram

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1987
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8, 2.9
Transmission
Manual
You know it's cold outside when.....

When the owner was asked about how it happend he was quoted as saying " Its a Jeep thing.....you wouldn't understand".

Attachments

Last edited:

DRF

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Get Up, Move Forward!
:icon_surprised: Holy Crap! That's pretty awesome.

96Indyram

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1987
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8, 2.9
Transmission
Manual
LOL this is kinda funny, I have kids and my 6 year old daughter had a come apart when she heard about this today on the news.

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/34000/20150219/kentucky-police-issue-arrest-warrant-for-queen-elsa.htm

Kentucky Police Issue Arrest Warrant For Queen Elsa
If you've seen a statuesque blonde in a sparkling long blue gown with magical ice powers, alert police in Harlan, Kentucky immediately.

So goes an arrest warrant issued by the Harlan Police Department for Elsa, a character from Disney's hit film Frozen.

The warrant comes after bitter cold temperatures and icy weather hit the state earlier this week.

Instead of letting the weather get the city down, though, the police department thought it would be fun to show their sense of humor, even under the pressures of low temperatures and treacherously icy weather. The police department posted the warrant on its Facebook page Wednesday.

"All points bulletin!!! HPD has issued an arrest warrant for Queen Elsa of Arendelle," writes the police department. "Suspect is a blonde female last seen wearing a long blue dress and is known to burst into song 'Let it Go!' As you can see by the weather she is very dangerous. Do not attempt to apprehend her alone."

For those few not in the know, in the movie Frozen, Queen Elsa has magical powers that allow her to turn everything to ice. Elsa initially has problems controlling her powers, resulting in a winter storm that swallows her kingdom of Arendelle. Eventually, though, Elsa comes to terms with who she is (mostly by singing the film's anthem song, "Let It Go"), and she gains control of her icy powers with the help of her sister Anna.

However, the Harlan Police Department still stresses the importance of staying safe and warm during such nasty weather.

"All kidding aside, the weather has been very dangerous and temps will get worse," writes the department. "Everyone please take precautions to stay safe and warm. Stay off the roads unless it is an emergency. Watch out and help others who may need help. HPD is doing a great job during this time but it takes everyone working together."

Much of the U.S. is in the grips of the sort of wintry weather Queen Elsa could be blamed for, with temperatures below zero in many cities, along with a lot of ice and snow. And, unfortunately, there's more to come for much of the areas already hit, with more ice and snow forecasted for today and tomorrow.

According to The Weather Channel, many cities across the country have hit record lows, seeing the lowest temperatures in over a decade.

As these temperatures are likely to continue through February, other police departments might follow suit with their own arrest warrants, with Queen Elsa soon becoming Public Enemy Number One.

Andy D

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
The Rat
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
My credo
to prevent Found On the Road Dead, Fix Or Repair Daily
Its a little colder and a tad windier than a typical February on the South Shore. I have lived in my town all my 63 yrs. I have never seen this much snow on the ground. The cold is keeping the snow light and fluffy. It squeaks when you drive on it. Thats good snow with decent traction. Wet snow is the pits.Water on ice is the worst traction there is. I hear that that is what the next storm is going to be.:D

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
On the Today show this morning we saw this. It is from a book of photos. People were in parking lot when the Jeep owner got in his Jeep and fired it and let it warm up. As he backed out of the parking space the iced up front end just slipped right off it. People took photos of it. Pretty neat!!! It is the first im I ever saw that happen!!

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
you know its cold outside when your nose hairs immediately freeze, also you know its cold outside when your 99 explorer refuses to make oil pressure.

LearjetMinako

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 140ci
Transmission
Manual
You know it is cold outside when trees explode.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
I've heard the cedar trees cracking at night when it gets really cold...scared the carp out of me the first few times I heard it...I thought they were going to explode...and fall on me...and nobody would miss me and I'd be cold and lonely with a tree on me...

96firephoenix

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
my clutch was pretty stiff this morning... I was afraid of a repeat of my first ranger, when the (admittedly poorly maintained, but not by me) clutch fluid froze solid in a similar cold (-5F) here this morning.

cody93

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
i was the only one in metro atlanta with a set of studded snow tires... i had some trees fall in my yard too, but with my line of work, im never more than 3 ft from a chainsaw, i even keep one in my bedroom!

black_demon69

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
i was the only one in metro atlanta with a set of studded snow tires... i had some trees fall in my yard too, but with my line of work, im never more than 3 ft from a chainsaw, i even keep one in my bedroom!

in the bed room? you and the misses like to play with power tools then!!:icon_rofl::icon_rofl::D:icon_surprised:

det107

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
No water.....Guessing lines from well froze-

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals