• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Yoopersteeze's Ranger Build

YooperSteeze

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984/1994/1992
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0/4.0/4.0
Transmission
Automatic
No pics of the truck as of yet, I'm picking it up friday. Second Gen. 4.0/A4LD D35/8.8 Regular cab short box. Has fresh brakes and exhaust, been daily driven by the previous owner. He just wants to get rid of it, $400. Neighbors are gone to florida til april and they're letting me use their garage til they're home. Trying to do this on a low budget, but I have a surprising amount of parts around and good friends with even more hahah.

Build plans so far, all parts I've accumulated, most when I bought my v8 ranger or planning to trade for them.

32" Maxxis Bighorns, pro lite race cuts
Welded diffs front and rear
Chev 63 leaves
Beltech shackles
Unknown drop brackets, currently under my friend's truck
Either xj or eb coils
Extended radius arms and F-250 shock towers... someday
Shocks are unknown, only thing I don't have lined up

Bumpers are going to be whatever tube I come up with, no winch, gonna only wheel with a come-a-long to try and improve my driving and just avoid getting stuck. Gonna acquire some auxiliary lights, because a lot of our wheeling is done at night. I have an explorer 8.8 with 4.10's and a trak-lok in the yard in case the stock gears don't work out, but then I'll have to buy gears for the front... we'll see. I don't feel like spending the money to register and insure it so I'm gonna be tow-barring it everywhere with my Explorer, once I fix the tranny issues. I have a fair bit of fab skills from building a few TORC race trucks, but the exo and SAS will come further down the road, mainly when I am gainfully employed. I hope to be updating this often, and don't worry, I take lots of pictures.

YooperSteeze

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984/1994/1992
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0/4.0/4.0
Transmission
Automatic
Ended up picking up the truck today! And even got a little bit of work done.

Here she is in all her glory. A little rough, well, very rough. A little back story on it: threeish owners ago had three 2nd gen Rangers, and this is a combination. Frame, axles and cab from one, box, doors and front clip from another and motor and tranny from the third. Supposedly the motor has low miles. few more pics for you guys because I know you all love them.

And last but not least progress. Started to just pull the fender off, due to a dent in it I had to pull the door to get at the bolt closest to it and the inner fender had to go for the same reason. All the hardware was rather rusty but only had to break out the grinder for the last one.

As you can see the garage is a little tight at the moment, I need to call the owner and see if I can move his truck outside to A. Free up space and B. Make sure I don't put a dent in his nearly spotless, and uninsured for the winter, truck.

joxracing

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
351w
Transmission
Automatic
Dove nose time.

joxracing

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
351w
Transmission
Automatic
Its funny you have a V8 1st gen ranger with bent beams, but yet you put this in the garage and make build thread on it. smh...

racer1044

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thats just cause he want's a rusty 2nd gen like mine! lol

YooperSteeze

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984/1994/1992
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0/4.0/4.0
Transmission
Automatic
After the reaming Alex gave me last night, plan is swap hubs with the ex, cut fenders, 32's, bumpers, patch floorboard, weld rear diff and then pull the 1st gen in.

joxracing

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
351w
Transmission
Automatic
I dont think it was much of a reaming, but setting you straight. I dont agree with much he says with his big brother speeches, but I did agree with what he had to say about this. haha.

but if you insist! carry on...
Oh! I could have so 34" 9.50's maybe possibly.

joxracing

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
351w
Transmission
Automatic
If anyone is paying attention to this thread, this is what we are giving him hell about:

That badass unit should be in the garage... lol.

dhkonrad

2013 Offroad TOTY
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
2013 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
looks about like my yard o projects lol. I understand the ADD of projects...

jhammel85

That 1st Gen is really cool and so is the bronco. That second Gen has potential with the nice motor and axles though.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

Head413

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
What are the tire/wheel sizes on the tan Ranger. That is exactly the kind of stance I'm looking for. Or do you have a build thread on here somewhere? Let me go search.

GO UP!

racer1044

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Those are a set of race cuts. 32x10.50 if im not mistaken.

YooperSteeze

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984/1994/1992
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0/4.0/4.0
Transmission
Automatic
Okay, sorry for the lack of updates, have been busy lately and every time I get to work on it I forget my camera. The yard 'o projects is sadly not mine, but my good buddy's (Alex). Bronco was his DD in high school and transformed into what you see now, with a 400m built to the nines, 1 tons, 40's and want to say around 12" of lift. Behind it is the '78 f-150 race truck that joxracing (or whatever he is on here) built to race stock class in the TORC series. In the garage you can catch a glimpse of Alex's '79 race Bronco, runs formula 4x4 also in TORC. Lastly, truck in the street is a '79 f-250 snofighter, with a built 460. Sleeper, work truck and every one's dd hahah. To whoever asked about the lift and such, tires are 32" 11.50's, lift, I have no clue. Its how it was when I bought it, haven't touched suspension and neither did the previous owner. What I can tell you is it has bent beams, in-coil airbags that are rather flat, and the rear has a sizable block. No build thread yet. I am rather jealous of where you live though, I was just up at Mt. Bohemia last weekend.

Now onto the actual truck! not much has happened, got the nissan pulled out and a "work table" set up so I have a lot more room to move around. I got the inner fenders clearanced and the outer fenders remounted. Front end is on stands, and got the socket required to swap hubs so thats next up, then mounting tires and clearancing. Rear end got the cut off wheel treatment also, spare tire carrier, bumper and excess exhaust off. Gotta pull the tube bumper off the 1st gen and mount that and then the bed is getting "race cut" to improve departure angle. Racer1044 has some coil spacers for me too.

racer1044

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Now that I got my one piece drive shaft swapped in I can bring those spaces to you.

YooperSteeze

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984/1994/1992
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0/4.0/4.0
Transmission
Automatic
Oh, who got you the flange?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals