• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Yet another reason to hate Walmart!

Status
Not open for further replies.

press 1 for english

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I read an article where Walmart is raising the rates of their store credit cards from 19% to 22.9%!!!!!!! Across the board and it doesn't matter if your credit rating is 600 or 840 beacon.
I have to feel for the people that make minimum payments and have balances in the thousands due to financial hardships.
Walmart knows where they can stuff their falling prices!!!!:shok:

BlackBII

Ranger Custom
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
They're just taking advantage of peoples stupidy. That's rule #1 in good business tactics.

Chance

RIP - 10/7/2010
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
That's what happens when you sign up for a variable rate card.

mtnrgr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
6" Skyjacker, with 1.5" coil spacers, custom radius arms, custom traction bars
Tire Size
31x10.50
My credo
Lord God is my guardian
I was at walmart yesterday & the cashier asked if I wanted to apply for a credit card from there. I said no, glad I did I don't want that happening right after I got one if I did.

Last edited:

willied

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
V8
Transmission
Automatic
It's not like you have to buy the credit card...

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
I read an article where Walmart is raising the rates of their store credit cards from 19% to 22.9%!!!!!!! Across the board and it doesn't matter if your credit rating is 600 or 840 beacon.
I have to feel for the people that make minimum payments and have balances in the thousands due to financial hardships.

what is your F*cking problem with Wal-mart? I used to work there and got treated better than I did at most of the places I have worked....... so they don't have medical insurance ........ you know what .... IT IS AN ENTRY LEVEL JOB....... want medical insurance ....... GET A BETTER F*CKING JOB.

Most people in America can't afford to shop anywhere else and people that abuse credit cards get what they deserve........ they are a big part of the mess we are in now.

why don't you put blame where blame belongs.........

It was Bush 41 that conceived NAFTA and the WTO, It was Clinton that signed NAFTA into law and gave China "Most favored nation" trading status, It was Bush 43 that didn't do anything about NAFTA.

How about put some Blame on greedy unions that in the end became businesses and negotiated their members right out of jobs.

How about putting some blame on Congress because of the outrageously high corporate taxes

How about blaming greedy CEOs that thought they were above the law or the politicians that gave them bonuses for being greedy embezzling bitches.

How about blaming greedy politicians that were taking bribes for favorable legislation.

How about Blaming Hillary Clinton who was on the board of directors at Wal-mart during their Union Busting days.

I need a case of oil and a new digital camera..... time to go kill more Chinese girls.

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
maybe he too used to work there and got fired and is now an irate former employee hell bent on being single handily responsible for their demise? just brainstorming here though

tony314

Firefighter
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
I love how you people try and defend Wal Mart like they are a decent store lol. Most of their employees are useless and rude just like the management that runs those labor shacks called Wal Mart stores.You are blind if you defend Wal Mart and a bit naive too. Get over yourself and stop defending Wal Mart. They are scum that feed on the low class and lower middle class. I myself and my wife as well are both lower middle class with little money to spare and yet we ALWAYS budget to avoid Scam Mart.

If my comments irritate you, tough than. Call me what you will. I'm just sick of people standing up and defending Wal Mart all the time and DBAD, whom are you to attack someone with a point of view that is valid? Good to see you support illegal child labor so you can spend less and save a buck. Disgusting how some people act in this country.

P.S. I agree on one thing. If you sign and variable CC than no one is to blame but you!

Last edited:

03ranger4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
he was complain about the credit cards and why the rates jumped out of no where, not hating walmart in general (despite the title of the thread)

Id laugh at anyone who honestly complains that theres no health insurence at walmart if you work there. Are u kidding me? Its a basically a huge general store, why the hell would you need health insurance from them..what the hell are you going to get hurt from there? and if you do, and its directly the stores fault you can always sue them. Otherwise, i dont know how anyone can expect health insurance from a minimum wage job..

One thing i do love about the navy is that i have free health and dental. And 400,000 life insurance, which to me is piontless as of right now, seeing as i dont have any dependants. and my parents wouldnt care about the money if i died.

tony314

Firefighter
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
I agree. Why do you need insurance for a minimal wage job? I never had it working MW and never once complained. I simply budgeted right and paid for it myself.

Jay FX4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I think BDAB got lit up because this is at least the third thread started by the OP about Walmart. That's a lot of threads just to bash a retailer.

Everyone is free to do what they want. Me? I'll never give those guys a single penny.

Toms01PSD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
WTF? Another thread about Wal-Mart? What if your credit card did that, would you post a thread calling them out?
I need a case of oil and a new digital camera..... time to go kill more Chinese girls.
+1
I love how you people try and defend Wal Mart like they are a decent store lol. Most of their employees are useless and rude just like the management that runs those labor shacks called Wal Mart stores.You are blind if you defend Wal Mart and a bit naive too. Get over yourself and stop defending Wal Mart. They are scum that feed on the low class and lower middle class. I myself and my wife as well are both lower middle class with little money to spare and yet we ALWAYS budget to avoid Scam Mart.

If my comments irritate you, tough than. Call me what you will. I'm just sick of people standing up and defending Wal Mart all the time and DBAD, whom are you to attack someone with a point of view that is valid? Good to see you support illegal child labor so you can spend less and save a buck. Disgusting how some people act in this country.

P.S. I agree on one thing. If you sign and variable CC than no one is to blame but you!
WTF? Look around your house buddy, do you really think everything in your house was made in the good ol' USA? You know as well as I do that you've got some shit "Made In China" too.
I think BDAB got lit up because this is at least the third thread started by the OP about Walmart. That's a lot of threads just to bash a retailer.

Everyone is free to do what they want. Me? I'll never give those guys a single penny.
Bingo. Three freakin' threads about the God-awful Wal-Mart. This guys a freakin joke!!!

'95 ranger

09/2013 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2005, 1989, 200
Make / Model
Subaru, FORD
Engine Size
2.5, 2.3, 4.OH
Transmission
Manual

press 1 for english

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
what is your F*cking problem with Wal-mart? I used to work there and got treated better than I did at most of the places I have worked....... so they don't have medical insurance ........ you know what .... IT IS AN ENTRY LEVEL JOB....... want medical insurance ....... GET A BETTER F*CKING JOB.

Most people in America can't afford to shop anywhere else and people that abuse credit cards get what they deserve........ they are a big part of the mess we are in now.

why don't you put blame where blame belongs.........

It was Bush 41 that conceived NAFTA and the WTO, It was Clinton that signed NAFTA into law and gave China "Most favored nation" trading status, It was Bush 43 that didn't do anything about NAFTA.

How about put some Blame on greedy unions that in the end became businesses and negotiated their members right out of jobs.

How about putting some blame on Congress because of the outrageously high corporate taxes

How about blaming greedy CEOs that thought they were above the law or the politicians that gave them bonuses for being greedy embezzling bitches.

How about blaming greedy politicians that were taking bribes for favorable legislation.

How about Blaming Hillary Clinton who was on the board of directors at Wal-mart during their Union Busting days.

What is your problem? Walmart is a global multi zillion $$ corporation and I could care less if they only hire part timers and offers crap health insurance.....Walmart is a department store and it's a job for retirees and school kids only.
I don't know why you have to drag politics into this..... Bush and Clinton did nothing to cap credit card rates and now that Obama plans to put a cap on them, they are all squeezing as much as they can until the legislation is passed.
Buddy if you got treated better working for Walmart then the at other places you've worked then you must have not have worked for any employers worth a darn.
Walmart brass have their heads so far up China's butt and if you find that just fine then what country do you support? China or the USA?
It just strikes me as awful that a corp like Walmart wants to squeeze people in their store and kill them in interest payments too.
You sound like someone who is mooching off of mommy and daddy and has no idea how the real world is.......it is just getting tougher by the hour.
Defend Walmart all you want if makes you feel better.

press 1 for english

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
WTF? Another thread about Wal-Mart? What if your credit card did that, would you post a thread calling them out?

+1

WTF? Look around your house buddy, do you really think everything in your house was made in the good ol' USA? You know as well as I do that you've got some shit "Made In China" too.

Bingo. Three freakin' threads about the God-awful Wal-Mart. This guys a freakin joke!!!

I work for the county and I bank at the Credit Union, my credit card rate is 9.8% fixed. You need to lighten up bubba.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals