• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

who here has the rough country lift

pineapplesoymilk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hey guys im wondering who here has a 4in rough country lift with a 3in body lift. And how you like it.

If you have any pice please post them thanks.

What size body lift should I get if I do tthe4 in suspension lift?

LIMA BEAN

TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
What size tires are you trying to clear and whats the primary function of the rig? Ie mall crawler, dd, rock crawler, mud bogger, weekend trail warrior ect.

pineapplesoymilk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Ill be happy with 31in 11in wide tires and a weekend warrior and mudbogging

railman

December 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Ill be happy with 31in 11in wide tires and a weekend warrior and mudbogging
well, 31x10.50's will fit stock....so why bother lifting it ( other than leveling it ).....

i did 2" spacers on the front of mine and ran 32x11.50's with no real issues...other than a small rub on the factory front valance, which i cut...

l8r, John

Last edited:

pineapplesoymilk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Why not lift it lol im reallt not sure what size tires im going to run with yet

BlackBII

Ranger Custom
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
You get what you pay for. :icon_thumby:

Guilius

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
i have the 4 inch Rough Country with the Add a Leaf and a 3 inch body lift on my truck right now. i am running 33X13.5 R15 Nitto's or 35.14.5 R15 Pitbulls depending on what we are doing.
the 33's dont rub at all no matter what i do, but the 35's rub because they are so wide. It only rubs on the front fenders right near the door.

here's pics of it with the 33's.

Attachments

Guilius

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
to add to my pist/pics, i did this 2 years ago, and did the body lift last year.

after doing four rangers, i would have gone for a body lift right out of the gate then saved up money for a real good suspension setup from Skyjacker or James Duff.
Duff always has a spot close to me because they are so damn cool to work with!

i am planning on a fullwidth D44 front axle with a duff kit for end of october/early november and next year converting the rear from leafs to coils with another Duff kit.

if you dont mind your insides rattling around when you go over things, a rough country is good, and wont break the bank. ive already bent my drivers side drop bracket, and hadto replace it (awesome overseas metal parts!)

pineapplesoymilk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
damn really , well brother your truck looks just as i want mine too lol i might take the thought of doing the 3 in body first also i'm going to check out the james duff kit now thanks

pineapplesoymilk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
does Jame's duff show their lift kits on their web site i cant seem to find them

Guilius

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
What Junkie posted.
You can call them too. Brian is incredibly awesome to talk to and will help you out with anything your looking for..... Wether it's made by Duff, or another company.

pineapplesoymilk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thanks guys your all good helps too haha, im not going to be doing crazy rock crawling but I will be mud bogging and trail riding do you think the rough country and a 3 in body lift will be ok for that?

Guilius

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
Mudding and light crawling was what I did with it. Now I hate mud! It gets into everything and I can't tell you how many starters I've replaced because if it. Light mudding only now and alot of rock and climbing.

The rough country will be okay for you for what your doing.
I'm not trying to push or sell anything.... But there's something to be said about looks And great performance combined too. And the duff or skyjacker extended arm kits just look badass and are a major upgrade over a rough country.

I would do the body lift and throw money into a real good set of tires. Tires make a huge difference in what you can and can't do. Before i had a locker, i was doing obstacles people told me i had no chsnce in hell getting over because of a resk good set of tires, and a lack of fear in banging the girl up! With the 3 in body lift you can do 33"s if you dint mind some rubbing. And if you want, get the 4" rough country, and you'll have no issues at all.

If it's going on your 94 ranger and you'll do mudding I would suggest looking at your air intake. Mine was right behind the bumper on the passengers side. I learned the hard way that a snorkel was a top priority!
I even got close to water/mud and my ranger was like a fat kid on a milkshake! Water in, and engine stalled! Not good for an engine.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals