• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Where does this wire go?

karaoke_carlos

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I am not sure if we have a good wiring diagram/schematic of the engine bay for a 93 4.0. But the connector I am trying to hook up has a blue and a white wire (about gauge 14), with a black plastic cap/holder. It is (in my car) coming out of the wiring loom, just under the throttle cable and it is about a foot long. It looks like it could go to either side of the engine... but I can't find a lose wire or connector anywhere.

Thanks for the help!

C:>

97ranger4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
did you try adding a picture? It doesnt show up. If you can post it online and link it to here that would be cool.

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
studying the wiring schematic....the only engine wiring wire thats just white that i see is the fuel injector grounds for one bank. the only all white body wire i see is for the wiper motor. havnt found any just blue wires yet...

ill keep looking. but are you sure there are no stripes at all on either of those wires?

UrbanRedneckKid

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Post up a pic if you can.

I'll look at mine tomarrow, as it is identical to yours. My 94 has a 93 engine a harness in it. Lemme see what I can see, I'll let ya know.

**EDIT** I just went outside for a smoke, and took a look, and now my nieghbors probably hate me for shutting my hood at 2am, but I found nothing like what you said. Where is it in reference to the throttle cable? By the firewall or by the throttle body?
:worthless:

Last edited:

karaoke_carlos

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks

I will try to get a pic tomorrow.. camera is kaput.. but I'll try. Thanks for the help in advance!

Earl43P

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford F250 4WD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I am not sure if we have a good wiring diagram/schematic of the engine bay for a 93 4.0. But the connector I am trying to hook up has a blue and a white wire (about gauge 14), with a black plastic cap/holder. It is (in my car) coming out of the wiring loom, just under the throttle cable and it is about a foot long. It looks like it could go to either side of the engine... but I can't find a lose wire or connector anywhere.

Thanks for the help!

I have the EVTM for 93.

I'm looking at 4.0 CA and non CA.

I see a White wire for injector #2 (CA) but no Blue associated anywhere (except DB for the horn, no white associated with it either).

I see a LB and LG from the shift module to Txfr Case (speed sensor) but their only connector (C1008) has 10 pins, not 2.

I simply cannot find any instance where a Blue and White wire go to a 2 pin connector anywhere. Are you SURE on the wire colors, no stripes?

I also see LB/O and GY/LB to the #1 O2 sensor C187, but that's a 4 pin connector, not two.

Trying to help....

MAKG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Black plastic cover? Any chance this might be the SPOUT or octane connectors?

If so, that cover should have a shorting bar inside it.

If there is a COVER on that connector, it's a good bet it's not supposed to connect to anything. Where else would this cover come from?

Earl43P

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford F250 4WD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
PCM Shorting Bar, MAKG? (Answering my own question...Yes. PCM pin 29 "Octane Adjust Signal")

That is DG and GY/R wires.

Self Test Input is showing as single wire, W/P.

SPOUT is showing interruption of the PK wire.

Last edited:

karaoke_carlos

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
No picture yet, but I did have to remove the head again... so i figured I would post a better description. As best as I can tell, this connector has a BLUE and GREY (not white) wire. 2 wire connector, similar to those used on the injectors. The injectors are red and white, apparently. This one comes out of the same wiring harness where the injectors are fed, and has about 14" of "slack" from the point it separates from the main wiring harnes, just under the manifold/throttle position sensor. I took a pic with my phone, I just hope I can upload it afterwards.

karaoke_carlos

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Please help

I really hope someone can give me more info. I'm going NUTS trying to find the connector.

karaoke_carlos

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Well,I did a little more research... as best as I can tell, those wires/connector run behind the Alternator pulleys and come out on the passenger side of the engine toward the front. Now, if I could only figure out what it hooks up to.

Ranger#1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
dude its ur ac wire is there a big clump of electtape behind the conector and a diod

karaoke_carlos

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I figured it out!

It's the crank position sensor cable/connector.

Thanks for all the suggestions!!!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals