• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

What Wicked_Sludge has been up to:

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
i just like to get everything that i can think of out of the way all at once. i have an irrational distaste for doing things twice.

yesterday i got the power supply for the hard drive wired in, the lights for the gauges wired in and my gauge pod painted. today i finished installing the temp gauge (since the sender doesnt detach from the back of the gauge, i had to finish the routing/installing of the gauge before the car could be started). the oil gauge is hooked up but wont get a pod until later. i forgot my camera, but the pod turned out ok. i didnt spend very much time sanding and its only one layer of glass, so its pretty rough...but it gets the job done.

my parts didnt show up today like i had hoped...so they should be here tomorrow and i can finally wrap this damn thing up.

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
update.

yesterday i got the rotating assembly...well, assembled.

and i love this last one:

shiny.

today i got the oil pan, head, header, upper and lower intake, and a bunch of random little crap installed. im going to sneak in to the shop tomorrow and i think i can have it tied up in an hour or two. it'll be soooo nice to have this project from hell done.

i keep forgetting to snap some shots of my gauge pod :dntknw:

stegomon

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987/1990
Make / Model
fords and only
Transmission
Manual
hey looks like fun...did not know that you had a racecort....do you still have the ranger???

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
i have two. a blue one, and a red...erm, pink one:

still have the ranger. ive been "forced" to drive the ranger for the past week (i love driving it, just hate the fuel bill compaired to the car). i recently developed an exhaust leak in it, so it'll be next in the shop. im pretty sure i have a bad mani...so i might just have an excuse to get some headers <woot>.

stegomon

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987/1990
Make / Model
fords and only
Transmission
Manual
oooo classic racecourt!!!

Jspafford

Logan Andrew Feb 17, 2012
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevy 3500HD
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
6.6L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
5"
Tire Size
35"
Let me know how you do the guage grounding... I put in a mechanical guage and my needle has been grounded on -C for sometime now...

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
ill let you know, but its actually really easy. im just going to go through a pile of left over resistors i have laying around untill i find one that produces a mid-scale reading on the temp guage. then ill cut/splice/solder the connection.

the car is running, but adding my mechanical oil pressure guage unfortunatly revealed some sad oil pressure numbers after the car is warm. not sure what im going to do about it yet...was visiting a friend and didnt want to start thinking about it again until i got home :icon_thumby:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals