• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

What kind of radio wiring harnesses do I need for a 2010 Ranger XLT?

barrys

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
I have a 2010 XLT, 4 door with a factory radio head unit. It came stock with Sirrus satellite radio which I don't use.

I pulled the head unit and it has two plugs -- both black connectors with red/orange faces that receive pins.
[Looking at the deck from the back...]
Connector 1.: on right: 2 rows with 8 pins each.
Connector 2: to left of connector 1: 3 rows, 7 on top, 6 in the middle, 7 on the bottom.

Metra and Scoche both sell harness adapters that seem to fit Connector 1 and are sold as "radio power and speaker" harnesses. I can't seem to find anything that would mate to that middle connector when searching by my model and year. Also, if Connector 1 is for power and speaker, what is connector 2 for? Is it for the clock and sirrus or something?

Anyway, hopefully one of the audio gurus is online at some point to respond on this.

barrys

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
I found a fuzzy pic on fordrangerforums, but it's good enough:

The one on the left is what I referred to as Connector 1. It mates with the Scosch FD16B "power and speaker" harness adapter. The one on the right is the mystery one.
In reading other posts, it seem like maybe this is left dangling when doing the upgrade.

Also, my head unit is a single CD, no changer/multidisk.

Last edited:

barrys

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
Bump for a rainy Sunday in California.

barrys

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
OK, I'll talk to myself....
From Ryan in customer service at Scosche:
The harness we recommend for your 2010 Ford Ranger would be the FD16B , http://www.scosche.com/car-audio/product/241. This harness will fit one of the 2 plugs that come off of the back of your factory radio.

The secondary plug off of the back of the factory radio will not be used as it is most likely an auxiliary plug for satellite radio, a CD changer, or possibly steering wheel controls.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals