• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

what do you tow with your 4 banger?

dixie_boysles

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
when i had mine i would tow a 14ft jon boat, 10 ft trailer loaded down, and a 6 ft trailer loaded. beyond that, nothing else bc it couldnt.

i just towed a load of crap off to the landfield, if it wasnt for the 4x4 on my new truck, i would got stuck!

fordguy61

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i to chevys with my 90 ranger 2.3 [250.000 miles on it ]

Shawn_248

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevrolet
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I've got a 93 with a 3.45 gear in it, I don't really tow anything but a dinky motorcycle, but I put 235/75/r15s on it. Harder to get it moving, but it's fine once it is

Psychowolff

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
25L
Transmission
Manual
I don't pull much more than 1500 Pounds with mine, I'm generally nice to her when pulling something BUT, with my buddies 03 ranger, 2.5L ??Gears I have hauled half a CuYd in the bed (scraping pavement!) we have pulled a 16 foot Lund with the bed packed with gear from Central MN to International falls, weight unknown. and NOW for the true abuse... In his old 96 Ranger, we would regularly pull a small bobcat on a bobcat trailer around town, but not on a highway, max about 30-35 MPH and on RARE occasions we have pulled his 970 bobcat around town but never more than 20-25 MPH (if not more like 15!) I know the 970 weighs in at just under 10K so with the trailer figure about 11K or so. The handeling was like dancing with an old pregnant Sow, but the lil champ pulled just about anything we could load on a trailer!

My brother knows about that pig dancing stuff, thats also a WHOLE other story though! hehe)

SykoRanger88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l 4cyl
Transmission
Manual
most ive hauled with mine was an atv in the bed and another atv on a trailer being pulled behind, didnt do to bad for a 4 banger i could still keep up with traffic lol.

rangerboy92

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
3.0 liter
Transmission
Automatic
i have a 92 2.3 5spd with a upgraded clutch and other performance goodies (i love centerforce) and have pulled close to 2 tons(thats 4000 pounds) the can do it. but pray nothing jumps out in front of you

danger_ranger88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
with my 88 ranger2wd 5spd 2.0 i hualed a john deere tractor in the bed, and another time i pulled my gf 99 contour with a tow strap for 5 miles just don t rev too high at start let the motor struggle

The Bandit

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

'76 chevy stepside bed with a decent sized utility trailer.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals