• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

went to

JohnnyUhlar

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
alright so i was recently at u-pull and i felt like i was in a playground. i ran around to every truck i thought i could use parts off and my imagination went wild. i drive a 1997 white ford ranger regular cab short bed 2wd 2.3l motor with a manual 5 spd transmission.

debates:
front coils: im doing spacers i know for sure. ive got and extended axle bolt and a 1" spacer to put in there. now what do i do about coils? i want bigger ones but im not sure what to do. are bronco springs bigger than my rangers? will they fit? how much work do i need to do to make them fit? then comes f-150 coils. same questions. ive read all about the f-150 coils though. like 10 times.

shocks: ok shocks have about 1 1/2 inch of thread left above them. can i put washers in between my shock to act as small spacers? also i want to go bigger in shocks, just to make it sit a little higher and also be stiffer. what brands of shocks? shocks from an f150 or bronco work any better?

im just trying to make up my mind because i got too excited at the yard and couldnt settle on anything. im looking for overall about 3" in the front. maybe a little less depending on what i can come up with.

Rose2300

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
If you want bigger coils ditch the spacer. The max lift you can install and still be able to properly align it is 2 inches. that 1 inch spacer will net you around 1.5 inches.

If you do the 1-2 inch lift f150 shocks will work. all of the stuff you're asking about can be found in the tech library.

pcollins

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
GMC
Engine Size
4.8L
Transmission
Automatic
This is why i'm glad there are no U pulls around me. I'd be there all day long. probably end up with enough parts to put a pretty decent car together :p

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals