• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

VBulletin setup input

dsotmoon

Reaction score
As of right now I don't see anyway to change the layout to display posts in a format like the old forum. Has anyone seen it different on another Vbulletin?
first off from one forum owner to another, sorry for whats going on here at TRS, hope you get it settled soon, second, you can change the layout to "legacy" in the admincp

admincp > vBulletin Options > Style & Language Settings > Use Legacy (Vertical) Postbit Template

click yes & save

any other questions let me know, been around vB for awhile :D

dsotmoon

Reaction score
I've seen posts about setting up VBulletin.

Anyone use Blog? Wonder if we can get that.
vbulletin is beta testing a blog system now, should be out soon

I see a setup for plugins. I need to figure out where to get them and what's available.
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/ - click on the mods tab

Chat. Do I dare? This is suppose to be how the hackers got in before.
also check out flashchat, integrates well with vB, even using same usernames

I also saw a site that had a gallery system that looked better than what we use to use. I'm thinking about purchasing something like that to add when we got everything the way we want it.
check out photopost & vbGallery

schultp

Reaction score
Jim,

The 'TRS' banner at the top of the forums is linked to the main forum index page....even when you are at the main forum index page. There is no easy way to return to the TRS home page. Can this be fixed?...or am I missing it? It seems the 'TRS' banner should point back to the TRS home page.

Just my $0.02. Thanks for all your hard work!

Paul.

compleckz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
first off from one forum owner to another, sorry for whats going on here at TRS, hope you get it settled soon, second, you can change the layout to "legacy" in the admincp

admincp > vBulletin Options > Style & Language Settings > Use Legacy (Vertical) Postbit Template

click yes & save

any other questions let me know, been around vB for awhile :D

if that puts the user info on the left, do it! i cant get used to this horizontal stuff

HareRazor

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I think IRC would be a good route to go with the chat I used to be very familiar with UnrealIRCd. You could even setup a java client such as http://www.pjirc.com/main.php

compleckz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i agree with the irc idea!

zuki

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
suzuki
Transmission
Automatic
wow, that is some good stuff. never seen boobies like that before!

Now, I've told you guys this before. There are plenty of birding sites on the net.

But here's a couple to help you wait.

Captain Ledd

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302, 2.3
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you're not making mistakes, you're not learning.
not sure if it's Vbulletin or not, but it's called itrader, we use it on Greatlakes4x4.com all the time, it make one much more comfortable when selling/buying parts to/from people because you can leave positive and negative feedback. here is our itrader page, not sure if you have to register or not to see it: http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/itrader_main.php?

I've found it emensely useful, and it will definately weed out the bad sellers/buyers.

is there anyway to change Rep Power's name to Reputation power? it's not all that easy to figure out what it could mean by "rep"

Also, we have a fuature there that we can code video into a post, like from youtube. we just put [YOUTUBE]url-of-youtube-video[/YOUTUBE] and it embeds a little video screen in the post, same with google video and a couple other ones I think. It beats having a link.

Last edited:

compleckz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
w00t! u changed it to username/info on the left! thanks jim... all the forums i frequent are in this format, hard to get used to anything else..

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals