• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Tubing

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Eh, I think I'm good. Thanks anyway.

Nothing agianst you, I'm sure your honest, but I don't care for buying things over the internet unless it's through a store...
Well, it's not so much me not liking it as my parents. Considering I have to go through them to do anything like that.

87rangerboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger sc
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Got any pics of your new front bumper?

Hey dogboy do you have any pics of your new front bumper? I am collecting some steel for my new front bumper and i was wondering how you did yours.

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Yeah, I got a few. I will upload them in the morning, or in a few minutes if I get done with this paper for history (only a couple more sentances!).

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Ok, here's the pics!

I finally got it painted on Satirday...

If the fairlead looks slightly crooked, that's becuase it is. I didn't level it when I tightened it backu up.
It's a good thing I took these pics earlier today becuase I competely forgot to put my lisence plate back on after I painted on Saturday!

John, I don't know if you have a body lift or not, but my 3" BL is what allowed me to get the winch tucked back in under the grill. And the the 2" reciever is there not only has a recovery point, but also to add some some reinforcment to the winch plate to keep it from twisting.
Let me know if you have any questions!

I actually haven't even really finished it yet... I was going to add a support to the light bar, and cap the tube ends, but it was more important to get a coat of paint on it to prevent even more rusting (I went for two weeks without paint...). I painted it using Duplicolor's spray bedliner by the way. I used it in my bed, and after using the bed and having metal objects bouncing around, a real bed liner would have been good, but for other things line bumper or flares or anything, it works really well. I used it on my rear bumper as well, and it has worked well for that. If you decide to ever use that stuff, don't hold the can closer than a foot away from the surface (you shouldn't with any paint, really) and on your last coat or two, hold the can a ways away from the surface, this allows it to really make the texture. It will make the texture if you hold it close, but holding it back makes a HUGE differance.

Last edited:

Sunk

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.5 Eco
Transmission
Automatic
Sweet man. That looks awesome. :icon_thumby:

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Thanks!

I forgot to mention, ignore the unpainted parts too, haha. I could not get to them with the bumper on the truck (I did not bolt it on, it's all welded...).

87rangerboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger sc
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yea i got a sindwinder winch. it mounts up under the fram rails. i really like your stinger! i was thinking about the reciever but i am not quit sure.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals