• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Tubing

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Anybody know of any places around Auburn that I can get some tubing for a bumper? I need about 25-30' of 2"x3/16" tubing.

There used to be a place here in Enumclaw, and they moved, my dad went to thier new place to buy the steel for the winch mount and got it, and we went back a couple weeks ago, and the place was gone... I don't know if they moved somewhere else, or if they are completely gone or what...

I'm about to go searching the site, but think 1/8" wall, would work instead of 3/16?

Viva*the*Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I don't know about Auburn, but Specialty metals in Kent has always been good to me. They sell stock from their rem section for cheap. They can also cut it if you don't have the tools. You probably do though. 1/8" could work, but I would go with 3/16" if I were you. Better safe the sorry. Here is their info.

8300 S 206th St
Kent, WA 98032
(253) 398-1754

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Ah, dude, your too slow!! lol

I got tubing yesterday and bent it all up today, and am going to my cousin's house tomorrow morning to weld it all up and mount the thing! I can't wait. I've been wanting a tube front bumper for SOOO long.

Viva*the*Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Yae, sorry about the slowness. That's cool you got it all bent up and ready to weld. You should post up pics when your done. Where did you go for the material? Did you go with 3/16?

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
My dad went to Floyd's Metal in Tacoma (right next to Destination Harley). They have alot of scrap metal that you can buy, as well as alot of new stuff.

I will get pics later this week, or possibly on Saturday. I didn't get it all done today, due to my design of the lower tube (you'll see why when I post pics) so I spent a good chunk of the day just figuring that out, then spent a couple hours doing 4 of the 6 mounts (on each frame-end/ horn, there's a tube going to the lower bumper tube, and one to the upper bumper tube) so that I could drive it home from my cousin's house in Auburn, to my house.
Plasma cutters are fun, but if you don't have experiance with them, they can ruin a piece of metal very quickly... That was alot of my problem today too.

Throughout the week, I am going to be heading to my cousin's house after work every day (7:00-9:00, should be able to get a bit done if I don't sit there are talk...) and mount the fairlead, the other two mounts, the light bar/ stinger thing, and add a little more support to the winch plate. And I might add the lights, but I probably won't get to wiring them this week.

And then I will probably add a piece of aluminum daimond plate that we have, to the top to act as a step, as well as a cover for all my UGLYYYY welds...

Loanranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1989/
Make / Model
Ford/
Fordzuki
Engine Size
2.9/2.3
Transmission
Manual
Right on, sounds like you're getting there at least. Did you cut your grill at all to mount the winch? Or does it sit out in front of the grill?

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Actually, I didn't have too cut the grill, nor is it out in front of the truck. It is tucked back in below the grill thanks to the 3" body lift! It doesn't stick out past the grill, or even the frame horns for that matter, and it sits an inch or two from the bottom of the frame rail. Nice and out of sight!

I get some pics of it today maybe, depending on how well my cell pics turn out (it really needs sun light, house lighting looks like shit).

Loanranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1989/
Make / Model
Ford/
Fordzuki
Engine Size
2.9/2.3
Transmission
Manual
Right on, yeah I forgot about the BL, that probably helped out alot.

Viva*the*Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
That's cool dude. I look forward to seeing it. Nothing beats home made shit! Did you stick with 3/16 tubing?

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Offhand, I don't recall if it is 3/16 or 1/8", but I think it is 3/16". I think the inside diameter is about 2", maybe SLIGHTLY less, and the outside is 2 3/8". So yeah, 3/16's sounds right.

I'll upload some pics tomorrow evening (I will have no real time today). And I have a few of my cousin's Scout.

Viva*the*Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Word. That should hold. You would'nt happen to know if the bumper mounts are the same on a generation 5 would ya? If so, that would be a great help when I go to make mine.

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I don't believe they are the same, no. The frame rails, if I'm not mistaken, are the same width though.

On mine, I just solid welded the bumper supports to the end of the frame rails (I cut the bumper horn off around the frame rail, but I left the part that acts as a frame end/ cap)

So if should be a fairly universal design I would think.
Like I said, I'll get pics either late evening, or tomorrow morning (I'm at work now), and that should explain it a lot better.

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Well... I'll get pics this weekend...

Didn't get a whole lot done today... Got the 2" reciever/ winch support, mount and all welded up, and the light bar bent, and rough cut, tomorrow I just have to notch it and weld it on, then make some supports for it, then do two supports for the corners of the bumper, then paint.

Never buy Windows Vista!! The card reader works for a short while (couple weeks) then doesn't work for a couple months, then it might start working again etc. It is a built in one so I can't move it to another computer, so the pics are stuck on my phone.

But for our digital camera, that card has a different reader whiach is a USB one.
So I'll try and remember the camera tomorrow, if not I'll get soem Saturday.

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
That's not because of vista, that's because of a bad card reader.

I'll sell you a card reader I have lying around.. if you want it. It's basically a USB plug in, but it can read both SD and MicroSD.

It's never been opened, I got it for Christmas but I already had one.. so it's just been lying around.

Looks like this one.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals