• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Truck wont start.

eduardo95

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3 I4
Transmission
Manual
I have a 95 2.3 4banger with 130xxx miles on it and haven't had a problem for over a year since i had it. BUt today, i decided to move the relay for my roll bar lights from the engine bay to the interior, behind the dash. I did everything and al went smooth but when i decide to get the truck out the garage it wouldn't start. The battery has power and all but it just wont start. I thought it could be the battery terminal that was loose or had some rust so i cleaned it and tightened it, but still nothing. After realizing that wasn't the problem i went with auto scanner because my check engine light is on, it throws no error codes whatsoever. I have no idea what is wrong, im just hoping its not the fuel pump or starter. Any ideas????

06RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
well without the engine running, the engine light will stay on.

Check for any lose grounds first.

lets start with basics, does it crank?

if no, do you hear a click from the starter relay when you turn the key? (may need the hood open to hear it) if you dont, check the relay. if you do check the starter for proper wires connected.

if everything looks ok, check the fuse box. i like to use a led keychain light behind the fuses to quickly see if any have blown.

now, if nothing still, make sure the truck isnt out of gear (idk if your auto or not) also, check any wires the relay was hooked into. anything from the battery back. if you trace down the steps you took moving stuff, you will find the problem. you may have left a wire off, or not put back a fuse.

let me know.

eduardo95

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3 I4
Transmission
Manual
While i was at work i remembered i had disconnected a black box from underneath the steering wheel. Since i had no idea what it was and considering the previous owner had some old satellite radio hooked and left everything there i thought it wouldn't matter. So when i came back i decided to hook it back again and the truck decided to start. I still don't know what that box is but i will definitely look into it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals