• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Transmission Rebuild Question

cubewhiz

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1"
Tire Size
31x10.5R15
This question is specific to the SM465 transmission (a GM transmission), but general enough that it likely applies to other transmissions as well. Thus, I figure that even though it is not from a Ranger, somebody on here can probably answer this anyway.

I have a couple of gear/bearing pullers, but they have proved useless for pulling the front and rear bearings (see below). I need something that will fit in the outer snap ring groove of the bearing but will also have a long enough reach to offer counterpressure on the shaft. Thus, the reach needs to be a bit over 6 inches. You'll notice, also, that the bearings are pretty large.

Who makes a bearing puller like this and where can I get it? Ideally, somewhere that I can go and get it so I don't have to wait for it to ship...

cubewhiz

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1"
Tire Size
31x10.5R15
Never mind, I wound up buying a set of Posi-Lock TJ-1 that worked beautifully. :)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals