• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Transfer Case And Driveshaft

work_in_progress

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Anyone know what type or have pictures of the bolts for the front and rear driveshaft?

Lost Bushman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
They've got a 1/2 or 13mm head, I think. I can get you pic when I get home.

Sent from my Casio G'zOne Commando 4G...

Drown it, Drop it, Ding it, it'll laugh in your face, then laugh some more, then go rape an iPhone. The only smartphone that can grow a beard and field strip an AK47. If you could only take one phone to Mars, don't bother, it's already there. Waiting for you to show up, so it can kick your ass, laugh, then rape the iPad your liberal crybaby co-pilot brought. Forget Chuck Norris, it's the John Connor of Smartphones. You cannot kill it...

Using Tapatalk.

Pif

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Rear driveshaft had 12mm 12 point bolts on my 1989 B2

work_in_progress

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
thanks guys, anyone have the picture or a build thread detailing the reinstallation of a transfer case? thats my next issue, and how long are the bolts for the driveshafts?

85b

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Transfer case is fairly easy to install back in, did mine in about 10-15 minutes while laying under with with the tranny still in. hardest part was just the top bolts. i siliconed the gasket between the tranny and tcase just to make sure there was no leaks. and the bolts for the driveshaft are about 1/2 long, tiny bit more or less.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals