• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

tires for whaen truck is lifted

Divh

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
What will you be using the truck for? I know that is an excellent tire for a desert type environment, but last I check there wasn't one in Pennsylvania. I've heard of problems with the tread chunking in rocky environments, but couldn't point you back to the sources. They certainly look good if its intended for a mall crawler, but there are cheaper options if that's the plan.

Check into the legality of bead locks in your area. I know in some areas that bead locks are not legal for use on a street driven vehicle. Unless you plan to run with the tires nearly deflated you really don't need them anyway, you can drop pressure a fair bit with no issues on standard wheels. Personally I would skip on the bead locks unless you start experiencing issues with popping beads while on the trail.

Divh

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
it is going to be mainly a trail rig i will have dif set of tires and rims for when i dd it and i know bead locks will be for later down the road do plan to do some extreme trails and will be running between 5-10 psi guess i will start looking into dif tires cuz as you said not to much sand in pa lol what you think atbout 35s by 12.50s on a ranger is tire going to be to wide and cause lots of rubbing

Divh

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
any tire recommendations

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Can't say. On the width, I doubt it will be an issue as long as the backspacing is right for the tire size. People run 33x12.5 all the time with no issue on a small suspension lift or body lift, and you'll have to have more to clear a 35". As for rubbing due to height, I really don't know, it depends on how much lift you plan to install.

Read some reviews on those Grabbers from people that drive in your type environment. Manufacturers are constantly improving tires, to they may have a sturdier tire now. It's been a few years since I was looking for truck tires, so they may have improved since then. I was checking them out at the time because they look cool, and wanted decent offroad tires. I recall reading some offroad reviews about them having the tread chunking issues. As for other tires of they type I really can't say. I decided on an All Terrain tire instead of a Max Traction tire to best suit my purposes since the truck is a semi-DD. I settled on the Falken Rocky Mountain (AKA Falken Wildpeak A/T) and have been happy with it, but that doesn't mean it will be the best for you.

One suggestion, and I don't mean to be an asshole here, use some punctuation. Lack of punctuation makes your posts hard to read, and many people will just ignore you rather than take the time to decipher and reply. Just my 2 cent, take it or leave it, your choice.

Last edited:

Divh

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
thanks. Ya i doing a 6-7 in lift and maybe a body lift down the line.

swynx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
my top 3 tire recomendations are the hankook dynapro m/t, the cooper discoverer stt mt, and the federal couragia m/t, all 3 are great in the snow and mud. and are about that same price.

i have the hankook dynapro m/t and i absolutely love them, i have a 2 inch body lift and a bit of trimming and clear 33/12.5 on a 10 inch rim, the hankook dynapro's air down very well. at 10psi they are clearly aired down.

there is some pictures of them in my build thread if you want to take a look.

http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150472

Divh

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

truckfan

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
The Duratrac's and Trail Grappler's are good option as well. They are reliable on and off the road.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals