• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

tire size

cush

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Scion
Engine Size
2.4L 4banger
Transmission
Manual
I'm going to buy tires, I got some 16x8 rims and I know for sure I can fit a 235/70R16 on it without rubbing but I'm afraid it might look goofy on an 8 inch rim. But can I tuck a 245/70R16 without rubbing on a 2001 stock height xlt ?

cush

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Scion
Engine Size
2.4L 4banger
Transmission
Manual
The tire fitment guide doesn't cover stock height

Tuner710

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
cush,
I put BF Goodrich All Terrain TA 265 75R 16s on my stock height 2000 xlt, have no problems other than the inner fender spray skirt rubs at full turn. Running these since '08.
Assuming 4X4 right?

cush

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Scion
Engine Size
2.4L 4banger
Transmission
Manual
cush,
I put BF Goodrich All Terrain TA 265 75R 16s on my stock height 2000 xlt, have no problems other than the inner fender spray skirt rubs at full turn. Running these since '08.
Assuming 4X4 right?
Thanks for the reply tuner, its actually 2wd, I had some Goodyear Wrangler mtr's in a 245/75R16 and the rubbed on a hard left and over big dips. I ended up selling them because of that and they were way more aggressive than I wanted

Tuner710

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Oh, OK that 2 wheel drive will sit lower so yeah, mine isnt relevant. Maybe hit up your local tire shop and see what they say, maybe something used laying around you could try on and see. With what tires cost you will be laying out some serious cash so they should work with ya.

cush

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Scion
Engine Size
2.4L 4banger
Transmission
Manual
Yea I actually work at a local toyota dealership but Toyota doesn't run anything in that size so we really can't get many tires in those sizes. And the local tire shop guys are helpful in that they say, you can try and see but when I ask about if they don't fit what am I supposed to do, they beat around the bush. Kinda pisses me off because I'm anxious to get tires. And I know at between the two sizes is only 1/2 an inch difference so I think I can run the larger tires but I'm just not 100% and no one around seems to run that size, they all run just above stock or lift and go way larger.

brwntom

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RANGER
Engine Size
2.5L
Transmission
Automatic
If you have a discount tire/america's tire in your area visit them. they have some thing like if you dont like it on your vehicle, they will take it off and refund purchase price. They have a awesome pro-rated warranty and price match ANYONE. They are the only place I go for tires. I have gotten 5sets from them ranging from 35" nitto mud grapplers to standard michelans for my fusion. I would recommend anyone there.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals