• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

the ranger has been released.

Ruffinit

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996, 2003
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.3 Duratec
Transmission
Manual

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Man...never show a fugly photo to your cats....I got like three fur balls in my lap right now....lol

Hopman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Man...never show a fugly photo to your cats....I got like three fur balls in my lap right now....lol
:icon_rofl:

I'll check with my roomate (who's a sales person at the local Ford dealer) to see if he's heard anything about iy.

OilPatch197

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984/87
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
I see at least a true foor door finally. May look ugle to some but when driving it, who cares, may everyone else sick.
Dave
Congrats Dave, there is your new POS "truck". IMO, look at that bed length, that is not a truck!

While the design change is quite refreshing, I don't see much difference between that and a Subaru Baja, I rather have the Baja.

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave

Ford has finally unveiled the not-for-U.S. 2011 Ranger. The company has just pulled the sheets back on its compact pickup at the Australian International Motor Show in Sydney, and there's no mistaking the newest Blue Oval for anything but a Ford. With its corporate three-bar nose and heavily arched fender openings, the Ranger borrows plenty of cues from the likes of the Edge, but throws in a payload capacity of around 3,300 pounds and engine options with up to 346 pound-feet of torque. The 2011 Ranger will debut in 180 markets with three cab choices, two-wheel and four-wheel drive options and two ride heights.

Under the hood, the most potent engine available will be a stout 3.2-liter Duratorq turbocharged five-cylinder diesel with 200 horsepower and 346 lb-ft of twist, though the company says that there will be a choice of a total of three powerplant options, including one gasoline mill. No matter what engine buyers choose, Ford is serving up six-speed manual and automatic transmissions to handle shifting detail. Hit the jump to check out the full press release for yourself, and no, North Americans, you still can't have one.

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
dunno why, but im kinda liking it

IndianScout

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 Vulcan
Transmission
Manual
yukkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

exbass94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC, 4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Congrats Dave, there is your new POS "truck". IMO, look at that bed length, that is not a truck!

While the design change is quite refreshing, I don't see much difference between that and a Subaru Baja, I rather have the Baja.
Keep in mind that's the crew cab version. The US Tacomas, Frontiers, Colorados, even S10s have/had a similar size bed in the crew cab configuration. The regular cab and extended cab versions have longer beds that are comparable to the current US Ranger.

jhammel85

Per the ford ranger facebook page where people were commenting on the new pics:

"New Ranger has grown a lot in size and capability. Per the comments about the North America market, it is worth noting that compared to the base F-150 in North America, new Ranger is roughly 2 inches shorter, 3 inches lower in height and 6 inches narrower. Apart from width, it is awfully close to the F-150. New Ranger looks great. But we hope can handle demand in NA with F-150. Thanks. -- Mark Schirmer, Ford Communications"

^Kind of backwards as to why the Ranger was introduced right?

Frankly...How many of us would like it if it were 2 door and had a longer bed? It wouldnt be too bad. At least they updated it. I just wish it was here and smaller. I dont think its TOO bad. Its not as great as I'd like it to be but like someone else said, It could be worse!

Now...I would LOVE it if they did what they did with the mustang and restyle with some retro style...but, it'll never happen.....

I miss mini trucks....

Last edited:

wrecking-crew

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
06 chevy
Make / Model
88 ranger
Engine Size
6 cylinders
Transmission
Manual
I wouldn't mind the diesel engines, 6-lug and rollbar. But the rest... Let it go the way of the Yugo imo.

The Toolman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
99 Ranger Auto
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4 cyl
Transmission
Manual
This is what you get when you let people that grew up with transformer toys an all that other stupid c**p design vehicles for you.

Sunk

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.5 Eco
Transmission
Automatic
Hmmmmm.... It's not that bad I suppose. It's pretty damn ugly, but if i could get one with a diesel and a real bed, I'd probably do it.

C_Root

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
So here we are, complaining about the very thing we have been asking for the last three years? What were we to expect? That they were going to continue on with the same thing with a face lift and new fenders? A new motor? After 13 years of nothing but that, a major overhaul was the only option. I think what we would have all like to have seen is a more raptor-ized version? In my opinion, this looks pretty damned sharp. Yes the ranger's we all love are tough trucks, but I don't see where the hate is coming from, i see this as a natural progression, no different than whats happening to the f150, f350, so on and so forth, more streamlining, bigger looks ect. I'm not starting an argument, but what did we really expect?. Kinda hard to not start an argument when asking so many questions hey? But really, not trying to start sh!t.
Croot

colby450xc

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
I say it looks decent, and it will grow on me. It looks like it wasn't even designed in the U.S., looks like a truck Mazda designed. If it has an actual frame and 4 full size doors it could be pretty nice. Think if it came with the twin turbo SHO motor.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals