• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Super duty PCV help!

dumprat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My super duty is going through oil like crazy. It doesn't leak and It isn't pushing blue. I think the pcv valve might be stuck open. I phoned ford and they said that some are not "serviceable" It should be located in the passenger side valve cover. There is a blue plastic do-dad that is conected to the hose running to the manifold but it is locked on with some sort of fuel line conection, and it looks nothing like the PCV valve that I bought from the parts store. It is an 04 5.4 with 180,000k on it.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Napa's website shows two different PCV's available, one for the Winsdor built 5.4 and one for the Romeo built 5.4. The Windsor ($2.49) looks is a push in type that goes in a grommet like most other PCV's and I can't really tell from their picture how the Romeo ($26.49) attaches, the description says "screw in type". Am guessing yours is the Romeo, their picture shows a funky blue part while the Windsor looks like a normal PCV.

Last edited:

dumprat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Cool, I will check that out tonight. Thanks.

dumprat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Yup pulled it out tonight. It screws in. It seems to be open both ways. No resistance either way. Thanks For the help.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals