• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

St Patricks Day & My Email To Texas Governor Greg Abbott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
"It would be great if we could count on people to do the right thing. But then if we could, we wouldn't need laws.

We elect people to not only represent us, but to protect us. And when things turn bad for people, they look for how the government failed to protect them.

Passing the burden to make unpopular decisions on to local government is not leading. The interest of the people should always come before our own. If we consider our popularity and re-election before considering welfare of the people we represent, we've failed.

Today is St. Patrick's Day. One of the most popular times of the year for people to gather and celebrate. Today is the reason why states such as Ohio chose to close their bars, and restuarant dining rooms. Even though they have less cases than Texas.

The Dallas and Fort Worth area is experiencing a community spread of Coronavirus. What will the numbers be a week from now after people have gathered for St. Patrick's Day?

Now is the time to lead."

Unlike many states, Texas Governor Greg Abbott has failed to take charge, and passed the burden and decision making off to local governments. So it's hit or miss if a school system is closed, or bars and restaurants are open during this pandemic. Definitely not someone I want looking out for me and the people I care about.

Please use good judgement if you feel the need to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. Remember that there are people out there carrying the virus without any symptoms of it, and likely don't realize they have it.

I'm locking this since we already have (2) threads here discussing the virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals