• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

spindle bearings

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I'm starting to get my parts list together for doing my spindle bearings this spring. I have found a lot of good info between this site and you-tube on how to do this. I know which bearing kit is needed, but i was thinking, while i'm in there why not do the front u-joints and replace the output shaft seals while i have everything else out. does anyone know the u-joint, output shaft seal numbers?

1993 4.0L 5spd, I have seen a u-joint part number is the spicer 5-760x is that for all 3 on the front?

timkin sbk4 bearing kit for the spindle bearings. (2 total)

any advice or anyone with tips on this i'd like to hear it.

cvar

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
Your '93 should exactly match my '97. FYI, I put all my part #'s into my write-up... ( http://imgur.com/a/d8skq ) <== CLICK

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
That's a pretty awesome write up. thanks!

Bob K

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Cvar--Can you help me with a couple part numbers from the write up? You mentioned seal F3TZ-1S175-BBA which appears to be this seal (the one tapped into place on the axle near the steering knuckle in this picture...not the plastic disk you're holding). Is that correct?:

It matches the pics for this part online: http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=1835236

This is the seal I've been looking for, near your thumbnail in this pic. It sits on the spindle on the rear side of the rotor and protects the bearings. Its inner diameter is much greater than that of the seal above, and the seal above on the axle shaft has a metal ring to make it a friction fit:

Do you know the part number for this one...the one on the spindle itself?

Last edited:

cvar

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
I think I recorded all the part numbers in that write-up, and the final image in that album seems to answer your question about the part number for that particular BRS-86 spindle bearing seal.

The other seals (or oil-slingers) that go onto the axle shaft BEHIND the spindle are those that came with the SBK4 kit, even though they do look different (which doesn't much matter, cuz they just block dirt). You could reuse your original axle-shaft seal, if it's still good.

Funny that what's on my Dana35 axle doesn't exactly match the Ford Service Manual (or Dana) list of parts, so I just go by what's actually installed here, and replace those worn parts.

Last edited:

Bob K

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I found it. It's Ford part F57Z1S190BB or BRS28 or SKF #25013. It comes as a two-part kit: the grease seal for the inner bearing on the rotor (the one you tap into place to hold the bearing in place) and the slide-on rubber seal that goes on the spindle.

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=1839412

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals