• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Simple things you hate doing?

Eddo Rogue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
skyjacker front leveling kit
Tire Size
31-10.50R15
My credo
Crossed threads are tight threads.
Id much rather spend an hour rebuilding a carb then spend countless hours with a volt meter and scanner trying to figure out why my fuel injectors are injecting to much fuel.
No I mean because whatever it is sat for 2 weeks or more and now at minimum the pilot jet is clogged. And its not mine, I've just been tasked to fix it.

Fuel injection I either throw parts at, or just pay the $100 bucks for a diagnosis.

Eddo Rogue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
31-10.50R15
My credo
Another thing I hate doing. Maybe not so simple, but definitely also messy. Fork seals on motorcycles. I've got 3 set to do at the moment :cautious:

Eddo Rogue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
31-10.50R15
My credo
I just thought of another thing.

Helping friends move.

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
I just thought of another thing.

Helping friends move.
I've helped the same friend move 5 times now. I told him if he moves again we are no longer friends...

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
Moving is at the top of the list. Laundry is pretty high up there too.

1990RangerinSK

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Property values here have doubled and then some since 2006. But, it's still cheaper to live in Saskatchewan than Vancouver or Toronto. I live in a 750 square foot house built in about 1962. It's in good shape, well maintained, on a 62.5x100 foot lot. It's worth about $130,000. In Toronto or Vancouver it would be worth near $1,000,000.00.

1990RangerinSK

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I like simple durabilty, cheapness, and enjoyment factor. Im guessing youve never been down a michigan dirt road in march....if you had you'd understand why i stick to I beam fords.
My Fit was cheap, durable, and fun. And with studded winter tires, it could get through most of the snowstorms we had when I owned it.

The EcoSport, equipped the way I want it, is not much more than my Fit was, considering I bought the Fit ten years ago, and they'd be a lot more expensive now. From what I can tell, it'd be fun to drive, likely durable, and if I put studded winter tires on it, it'd go through even more than the Fit could get through.

Dirt roads in Michigan in March? That's nothing compared to trying to get around after a snowstorm. Take 8 inches of snow, and put ice under it.

1990RangerinSK

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Same... that is why we passed.

I am not that much taller than "average" but I just didn't fit in one.

For what it is worth with the seat all the way back in my wife's Edge (which she had before we met) my right knee is constantly resting on the dash. That drives me nuts too.

My wife's Edge drags its belly thru the ruts daily when the frost goes out in the spring, it is still doing ok approaching 250k miles.
I'm "average" height. With the power seat in my Taurus as high as it will go, I still don't touch the roof. In fact, I probably have a good three inches of clearance. I do like the Edge, but it seems to me the Escape has more ground clearance, and the Ecosport probably does, too.

1990RangerinSK

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I had 2 expeditions and neither would stay in align. Lol
I've never heard of alignment problems on F150's from '97 and up, and I know people who have them, from every generation starting in '97. None of them have said anything to me about needing to take the truck in for a wheel alignment frequently.

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
Property values here have doubled and then some since 2006. But, it's still cheaper to live in Saskatchewan than Vancouver or Toronto. I live in a 750 square foot house built in about 1962. It's in good shape, well maintained, on a 62.5x100 foot lot. It's worth about $130,000. In Toronto or Vancouver it would be worth near $1,000,000.00.
I’m in a 1600sq ft ranch on 2.5 acres... My taxes are $8500 a year.

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
I poop in my furnace and have 91 acres (possibly 126 but its complicated)... my taxes are 280 dollars a year. Grandfathered since the farm assessment started in the 50's and green acres pays the rest cause my land belongs to them when I die. :icon_thumby:

The 280 is literally just the fees for forms and crap.

Technically speaking local police have no jurisdiction on my land. Its federal. I won that argument in court once, no joke.

Last edited:

G8orFord

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC S/C
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
Just the right size to touch the ground.
1800 s.f. on 2 acres is $1080. The 12 acres surrounding it (2 separate parcels) is about $450 total. I really need to put all together and include it in the homestead exemption. I'd probably save $100 or so.

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
I've never heard of alignment problems on F150's from '97 and up, and I know people who have them, from every generation starting in '97. None of them have said anything to me about needing to take the truck in for a wheel alignment frequently.
I had alignment issues, they wore ball joints constantly, and ate wheel bearings like candy. On the other hand my I beams never get out of whack enough to need an alignment or need parts replaced. Even if they do need work they dont lose functionality as bad as the later fronts...IE...i can keep driving.
I'd say the problem isn't the vehicle, it's the driver.
Obviously not seeing as how my I beams never have issues. Its the fact that post 96 front ends are simply inferior to pre 96....and even pre 82 king pinned I beams were pure perfection
My Fit was cheap, durable, and fun. And with studded winter tires, it could get through most of the snowstorms we had when I owned it.

The EcoSport, equipped the way I want it, is not much more than my Fit was, considering I bought the Fit ten years ago, and they'd be a lot more expensive now. From what I can tell, it'd be fun to drive, likely durable, and if I put studded winter tires on it, it'd go through even more than the Fit could get through.

Dirt roads in Michigan in March? That's nothing compared to trying to get around after a snowstorm. Take 8 inches of snow, and put ice under it.
Durable in what way? Being able to bounce through a ditch at 20mph? How about hitting a rut hard? Smashing a deer and driving home? Doubt it.

With studded tires anything will do good in the snow. Not impressed.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I'm "average" height. With the power seat in my Taurus as high as it will go, I still don't touch the roof. In fact, I probably have a good three inches of clearance. I do like the Edge, but it seems to me the Escape has more ground clearance, and the Ecosport probably does, too.
I have longer legs than torso. I usually run out of legroom before headroom.

Ground clearance... crossovers are all pretty meh. Kinda like bragging about having a cow that can run fast, at the end of the day it is still slow.

I had alignment issues, they wore ball joints constantly, and ate wheel bearings like candy. On the other hand my I beams never get out of whack enough to need an alignment or need parts replaced. Even if they do need work they dont lose functionality as bad as the later fronts...IE...i can keep driving.
I have changed three lower balljoints and three wheel bearings so far. It was a Raybestos replacement balljoint that didn't last long, I blame the balljoint.

Before I had it aligned I put upper control arms and tie rods on it because they were old and tires are expensive. I just stuck the control arms where the other ones had left clean patches in all the dirt on the frame brackets.

Not bad at all for the age of truck and what I do with it IMO.

My brother had a '97, he is a little more urban but he didnt' have any problems with the front of his either. Still pretty common farm trucks to this day around here.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals