• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

She loved me, Then she saw my B2

Frank The Tank

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
My dear sweet innocent brother had a date last night....... with a young woman he's taken out many time before.

But before he either drove his 70 Ford F-100 big block show truck, or his new Chevy 2500 lifted with fancy rims and exhaust. She thought he was the most wonderfull thing ever and couldn't wait for him to pick him up to go to Evansville Indiana and do dinner and movies.

My brother is 19, he's country as hell, has a great state road job....... and wears overalls and a straw hat most always, he's a handsome guy, has ladies wanting him all the time (combination of money, benefits, and swagger!!! :icon_thumby: ) but he thinks they are all floozies and is waiting on a good one, yeah......... much better person than me.

So at any rate he got some brand new mud tires on his B2 88 5spd Camo beast. We were out playing yesterday...... and holy hell that thing would go. It was coated in mud and he showed up to pick her up. Talked to her parents they thought he was great. She goes, what are you driving? he said this here's my work truck I drive it everyday, it's my favorite rig.

She lit into complain about the lack of ac, he explained it's well worth another 7-10hp, now crack the window.
She said it smells weird, he said well...... I ran out of febreeze that usually covers the mouse urine smell.
At this point she won't even hold his hand anymore, or shift gears when he asks.....

He pulls into a classy dinner and she says she's not hungry at all anymore, and has a caffeine headache, he said well I am hungry and got a sandwich to go and ate on the way to the theater he bought her a coke, she wouldn't drink it, so he did......

He goes, you think I should lock the doors, she said I would, but it's not like anybodies going to steal "this".
To prove a point he leaves the windows down and keys in the ignition.

He comes back and there is a Ranger parked on either side (he proceeds to tell her about the RBV brotherhood, and that they saw the windows down and pulled up to protect the B2's honor)

He tries to get her to shift again, and she nearly got him killed going through an intersection..... they arrive at her place, he goes for a goodnight kiss, and she palms him in the forehead, and says I'm sick, I don't want you to catch it, goodnight.
he texted her (hope you get feeling better, after he left)

No text or call since, do ya think it's over?

oh wait hold the phone, as I was typing this she texted
hey.....

he did not respond.
he said, me and the bronc has been through more than me and her, I've got another date lined up for next saturday.

Frank

Ranger Kip

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Fleet
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Confused and Intolerant
wow, thats bad, she is a bit** by the sounds of it, hell, I have seen girls at school drive beater trucks as DD, and they look like they went through WWII in the mud and bullets.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8 v6
Transmission
Manual
she is no good lol that would not work for me. sounds like she thinks she is too good for a muddy b2

Frank The Tank

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
He said he's going to get some pictures with the prom queen on the hood and have me post em up.

Frank

Jason

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
(formerly) 200
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
If you want a good one, they may be a tad high maintenance.

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
Your brother did mess up on not cleaning the truck up. no matter what the looks, if you are going on a date, clean the vehicle up. if the truck is clean (inside and out) and she still turns her nose up at it, then she didn't pass the gold digger test.

she loves the trucks with bling, but not the everyday driver that is not "shiny".

if he is still interested in her, apologize for the dirty truck and the next date have it completely clean.

AJ

Frank The Tank

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Nope, he didn't mess up at all......
He armoralled the interior and cleaned up the floor, he even hosed off around her door so she wouldn't get dirty getting in and out.

He said he doesn't need anybody like that, and from now on he's driving the bronco on every date to weed out the trash.

There is no sense in her being hatefull like that, it's not like that's his only vehicle...... and as afore mentioned, he has another date lined up saturday.

I had an ex that hated when I took her mudding because she wanted to drive, just because it's a woman, doesn't mean they are like little china dolls that can't be around dirt or be seen in a truck worse less than their shoes.

Frank

BTW we just got a huge rain, he's out trail riding having the time of his life, he just called me to tell me that he has new found faith in the bronc, that it is like a force previously unknown to man offroad. haha gotta love it!!!! I'm actually debating on flying to buy one right now so me and him and cruise together again.

Last edited:

Hopman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
If she can't stand him for the man he is, then she doesn't deserve your brother.

I hope he meets a girl who's like him: hand-working, fun-loving, honest, and not afraid to get her nails dirty.

If she drives a Ranger, it's a big bonus!

strvger

Reaction score
the land of 2 seasons-Winter and getting ready for
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
wow Frank, love your stories!! can't wait to hear the next one. with luck, you and your brother will have to go thru several more before either of you find the right one and you'll post up all the action here.
btw, i'm with you and your brother. better they find out in the beginning what everyday life is with you rather than 6 weeks after the marriage!! 6 weeks and they're already pregnant, qualify for most if not all your property in a divorce, and you find out what getting screwed is really all about in divorce court. just my $.02.

Captain Ledd

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302, 2.3
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you're not making mistakes, you're not learning.
Sounds a bit like my date's LOL. There's others out there that will love you for who you are, why compromise?

Good story!

xnickitynickx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Oldsmobile
Engine Size
3.1L V6
Transmission
Automatic
My Ranger is rusty, I don't wash it as much as I'd like to, and I'm always working on it for one thing or another. But I'll tell you guys now, my girl loves that machine, close to as much as I do. I dont think it'd work if my girl didn't like my rig.

We're here because we love our trucks. Our chicks better like 'em too.
I'm just glad my gf loves it.

Hopman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
We're here because we love our trucks. Our chicks better like 'em too.
I'm just glad my gf loves it.
Did somebody write a song like that? "She Thinks My Ranger's Sexy?"

Frank The Tank

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Did somebody write a song like that? "She Thinks My Ranger's Sexy?"
I was thinking an emo rock band should write a song....

When I can't start crying, I strip down naked and drive my Bronco II over the railroad tracks, and a smile creeps to my eyes as the blood flows down the rusty springs of the tattered upholstery that is my life.

Hey guys, on a brighter note, I got me a b2 now..... will post a thread on it soon, but now me and my brother can trail ride together, and get snubbed by the ladies as harshly as one another :icon_thumby:

Me and my brother out on the town is like Night at the Roxebury, but with B2's.

Frank

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals