• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

serp belt assembly swap question

landoncholly

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I have a 95 ranger 2.3 4x4 5 speed. I'm gonna be swapping a 2.3 out of a later 70s pinto circle track car and need to know if ill be able to bolt my accessory brackets for my serpentine belt stuff onto the early block. And if anyone knows If the water pumps are the same length that would aslo be helpful. Or if there is any other random info you see necessary for me to know don't be afraid to say. Also gonna be ditching my efi in the process.

landoncholly

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Is this stupid quesrion or is the answer unknown?

landoncholly

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Turns out the answer is no. The serp belt brackets will not bolt up and the oil pump stuff is also different by far. The oil pan needed some help by means of a hand grinder to clear.the oil pump on the earlier engine and doubling up on the oil pan gaskets as well one from the 95 and a standard old school cork. As they do have pretty different design. The swap did work. I had to use the water pump and alternator off he pinto set up and don't have power steering anymore but I do have 150+ horse power:) and it runs on all four cylinders. It was a job but not as bad as it could have been. I like having a real carburetor and a distributer.

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I'm glad you got it figured! Congrats!
I'll bet that no one answered because they didn't know. Thanks for posting the results. Got pics?
And welcome to TRS,

Richard

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
I have a 95 ranger 2.3 4x4 5 speed. I'm gonna be swapping a 2.3 out of a later 70s pinto circle track car and need to know if ill be able to bolt my accessory brackets for my serpentine belt stuff onto the early block. And if anyone knows If the water pumps are the same length that would aslo be helpful. Or if there is any other random info you see necessary for me to know don't be afraid to say. Also gonna be ditching my efi in the process.
Good luck with that swap. Why not put in a 4.0?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals