• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

sas dana 44

scooter

October OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Some of us work for a living and don't get the chance to play on the computer all day long. The man asked for some help as to why his truck has this problem. I answered....if you don't like it then OH WELL. I am just trying to help him solve his problem. Then you chime in calling everyone else who is trying to help a liar or a fake....why? Is it because they have never had truck of the month like you? Some of us work on a budget and don't spend all our money on our rigs. Do you have a hat that fits your big head of yours as all that knowledge is stored up there. If you are so good then maybe he should bring his truck to you to fix.

Now since you may need some more knowledge...... The frontend of my truck was hopping a couple months ago when I would turn. It took me sometime to figure out where my problem was. I took the front cover off the axle and seen that the pins were broke. I have a Lockright in it. I replaced the pins and the "hopping" went away. That is where I was getting my information from for the OP. With the pins being broke the locker was acting like a spool and not allowing the front tires to turn at different speeds........even offroad.

Is that the answer you was probably not looking for? Do you not like my explanation? If you don't like either I DON'T CARE. That was the problem I found with my truck and was passing the info to him. Respond how you will as I am done since you have all the right answers for his problem. So have at it.
Butt hurt?

I only asked YOU to explain how a mini spool/spool/locker caused wheelhop. Never said anyone was "a liar or fake".
Too bad it took this many posts to explain how a spool causes wheel-hop!!!!

As far as the personal insults and accusations. STFU!!!! I have a job, and my head is normal size. I have less than 6K in my turd. I did not nomanate nor vote for myself for TOTM, jealous much?

FordRanger89

05/2013 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Automatic
As far as the steering goes. I just realized the pit arm that is on my truck is from my old 4in lift. So I can take that off and put a stock one on. Then I can get rid of all that stuff on top of the pit arm and still have the drag link in line with the track bar!!

The heim joints are 5/8 and the tubing is 1in....
the tubing might be a little small, but it seams really strong.
I my just get some weld in bungs, use the heim joints I have and i have some thicker tubing hanging around.
But is it worth all the work?

and thats funny haha

it is wheel hop!! haha i have video of it

Last edited:

scooter

October OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
And as for the one guy saying the track bar looks wimpy and is causing the hop....how is that possible? The trac bar only controls side to side movement of the axle.
CAREFULL, your calling everyone a liar by questioning other peoples opinions. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Explorin94

Law Enforcement
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
U.S. Military - Veteran
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Butt hurt?

I only asked YOU to explain how a mini spool/spool/locker caused wheelhop. Never said anyone was "a liar or fake".
Too bad it took this many posts to explain how a spool causes wheel-hop!!!!

As far as the personal insults and accusations. STFU!!!! I have a job, and my head is normal size. I have less than 6K in my turd. I did not nomanate nor vote for myself for TOTM, jealous much?
CAREFULL, your calling everyone a liar by questioning other peoples opinions. :)

Appears your butt is hurt now. Take your licks and get back to the issue at hand. And as I said if you didn't read it right I work for a living and don't get the chance to play on the computer all day like you, that was the reason for my late response. So get over yourself and go find a real job!!!

cdawall

U.S. Military - Active
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic

scooter

October OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Appears your butt is hurt now. Take your licks and get back to the issue at hand. And as I said if you didn't read it right I work for a living and don't get the chance to play on the computer all day like you, that was the reason for my late response. So get over yourself and go find a real job!!!
Im not the one butt hurt, YOUR making personal accusations about my hat size, job, how much i spent on my rig, TOTM bla bla bla.

I NEVER attacked you, just asked for your reasoning on why a spool causes wheel-hop.
I really think after seeing your SAS you are smart enough to know that it cant cause that. Yours had broke, causing it to bind up when you turned left/right. Thats not really wheel-hop, thats some broke s#$t binding up........

As far as a job.... I have been a CNC programer/machinist for 10+ years. Is it my fault i am a great f%#king machinist and dont have to bust my ass all day long to make a living any more.

PLEASE dont personaly insult me again, I never attacked you in such a manner. I dont take undeserved blantant personal attacks well.

Todd S.
EDIT: i guess i am buttsore about your accusations and personal attacks about my job,head size,spending habits on my rig,ect.
You have the right to doubt my knowlage, just as i doubted yours.

Last edited:

FordRanger89

05/2013 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Automatic
wow, what the hell is your guys deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Grow up and help answer my questions, please!
Go start your own argument post

Maverick

FoMoCo MoFo
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Everybody needs to chill out... except for BennyBooster. Since he's swingin' 8" flaccid, he can do whatever.

Seriously though guys, no need for personal attacks. Settle down a bit.

scooter

October OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
So
I looked at my shock stud bushings and they were worn out pretty bad, so I replaced them with new prothane Bushings.

thanks for the help! :icon_cheers:
I think this is gonna help allot.

Your positive its the front end and not the rear. I know i know, but its common on spring over axle leaf spring set ups like on RBV's.

Are your C-bushings new, and the bolts on the clamps crazy tight?

Bennybooster

EMT / Paramedic
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Everybody needs to chill out... except for BennyBooster. Since he's swingin' 8" flaccid, he can do whatever.

Seriously though guys, no need for personal attacks. Settle down a bit.
hahahahahahahahhaaa, rep'd

FordRanger89

05/2013 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Automatic
ya brand new c bushing and the bolts are tightened all the way tight.

As far as the steering goes. I just realized the pit arm that is on my truck is from my old 4in lift. So I can take that off and put a stock one on. Then I can get rid of all that stuff on top of the pit arm and still have the drag link in line with the track bar!!

The heim joints are 5/8 and the tubing is 1in....
the tubing might be a little small, but it seams really strong.
I my just get some weld in bungs, use the heim joints I have and i have some thicker tubing hanging around.
But is it worth all the work?

and i am sure it is wheel hop and it is just in front. I have video of it

scooter

October OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Link to video?

What wall thickness is your tubing your using now? Might have allready said, but i dont remember if you did.

I still think its something loose or wore out somewhere. Possiably shocks wore out too. /shrugs.

FordRanger89

05/2013 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Automatic
skip to 3:17 that is the best shot of the wheel hop. P.s dont mind the small tires, 36's are coming soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytThBEUqeM0&feature=g-all-u&context=G2cb460bFAAAAAAAAAAA

Ya that is kind of what i was thinking too. I think my shocks themselves are fine. However, the bushings on the stud of the shocks were really worn out. I replaced them with new prothane bushings and tightened them down a lot. Do you think that could have been it?

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
Yeah looks like shocks that aren't doing their job to me... If the bushings were loose, then that could very well be it.

As for fixing your pitman arm issue, what I would do is keep the arm you have on it now and instead raise the panhard's attachment point at the axle up higher (or alternatively, lower the frame end of it down). As was mentioned earlier, not only do the panhard and draglink have to be parallel, but they should be as close to horizontal as possible too.

BTW, your buddy in the blue F-150 with the burnt-out headlight isn't real bright driving alongside the Chevy onto the very edge of the trail in the snow like that (@2:28).

Last edited:

Hagan

08/2013 OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Where are everyone's license plates???

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals