• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

replacement speakers???

predator

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
ok so im not really into the whole subwoofer, amp, speakers, tweeters and lots of big thick wire scene....but my stock speakers sound like crap, they are definantly worn out, what is a good replacement speaker that is equivalent to the stock speakers???

thanks for the help guys!!!

kinville

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
What is your price range for the new speakers?

Pistons23

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
what do you mean by equivalent? most aftermarket speakers will be an upgrade in sound quality.

let us know your budget is. also, are you looking for 5x7(or possible you have a 6x8)? or are you looking to fit a 6.5" coaxial speaker?

kinville

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Most 6x8's are really just 5x7's with mounting holes that come out a little farther so they'll fit in factory locations. But yeah nearly any aftermarket speaker is going to sound better than factory unless you really scrape the bottom of the barrel.

Ranger SVO

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
Most 6x8's are really just 5x7's with mounting holes that come out a little farther so they'll fit in factory locations.
True. But given the choice choose a true 6 x 8. A few manufactures actually have both a 5 x 7 and a 6 x 8. Kenwood for example offers both a 5 x 7 (KFC C5780) and a 6 x 8 (KFC C6880). The 5 x 7 will fit both the 5 x 7 and the 6 x 8, while the 6 x 8 may not fit a 5 x 7 opening.

For price and performance,the Pioneer 6 x 8 is really hard to beat. Our shop truck is a 94 Ranger and it has had a pair of Pioneers in it forever, they sound great.

c_note

September 2009 OTOM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger/Explorer
Engine Size
4.0 sohc
Transmission
Manual
pioneer or memphis is the way to go. you can get a good set for under 90 bucks.

kinville

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
If you do go the Pioneer route, buy from the Premier line. They can be found online for little more than what their regular line goes for, and they are a good step up in sound quality. If your budget is around $100 then you have a fairly large selection to choose from. Infinity Kappas, Pheonix Gold RSD's, Polk Momo's, Alpine Type R's, etc. All fairly cheap online.

Pistons23

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=17544
ive heard nothing but good things from pg's rsd line

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=16467
ive heard these, they are some nice full range speakers. i was going to get these before i got a deal on my infinity components set.

remember, always check ebay. theres a store on ebay that sells knockoffs. i think its indoaudio or indocaraudio. i know for a fact they sell knockoff dls components.

Ranger SVO

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
If you do go the Pioneer route, buy from the Premier line. They can be found online for little more than what their regular line goes for, and they are a good step up in sound quality. If your budget is around $100 then you have a fairly large selection to choose from. Infinity Kappas, Pheonix Gold RSD's, Polk Momo's, Alpine Type R's, etc. All fairly cheap online.

We sell Kappas where I work, don't waste your money. From personal experience the Pioneers, Kenwoods, and Polks are a good buy. If you insist on Infinity stay with Reference.

My 25-cents worth

Pistons23

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
We sell Kappas where I work, don't waste your money. From personal experience the Pioneers, Kenwoods, and Polks are a good buy. If you insist on Infinity stay with Reference.

My 25-cents worth
well if your just replacing speakers, then yes, stay away from them. i have some. i hooked them up and initially wasnt impressed at all. about 2 weeks later i took one of the mids out and built a small sealed enclosure out of some scrap .5" mdf i had laying around. they sound way better. i think if you absolutely have to have some infinity speakers, make sure you seal and deaden whatever theyre in. thats what i plan to do once it gets a little warmer

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals