• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Rear wiper not getting fluid

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Excellent, I'll chase down the right arm assembly. I wonder where/why the previous owner of my B2 replaced that arm with whatever contraption that's on it now that's useless LOL. Now if I could figure out how to fix the rear defrost in it, it would be even better. I don't think it works at all, the switch works and the light turns on but the heating grid never does anything, so thinking the grid is too damaged to work, and/or wiring going to the rear window is bad. I tried reattaching the wires that attach to the glass but didn't have any luck getting it working. Wonder if a person could find a replacement grid and just scrape the old one off and apply the new one and run new wiring.
My grid is really messed up, I tried the Permatex repair kit but it's just too far gone. It has more than a dozen breaks in it, previous owner carried wood in the back and tore up the grid.
I looked around for a replacement grid but what I found was more money than I wanted to spend.
My defrost grid is shot too. I don't know what happened, but it is all tore up and I'm not sure how to fix it.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)
My defrost grid is shot too. I don't know what happened, but it is all tore up and I'm not sure how to fix it.
I've thought about taking it to a local auto-glass shop to see what they can do, but all I see is $$$$ as a result LOL. I'm sure it could be fixed but I highly doubt it would be cheap unfortunately.

EDIT: I tried the repair kit that I found online, that didn't fix anything, so I'm thinking the whole grid itself is too far damaged and would make more sense to scrape off and reapply a new grid, then figure out how to hookup the wiring to it. Something like one of these kits: https://frostfighter.com/clear-view-order-guide.htm?gclid=CjwKCAiAyc2BBhAaEiwA44-wW2w1AQ3_MZVwXE-tSiumz2xTBmshkKfT0A3np_miqNnNQlS5XjlRqxoCXxIQAvD_BwE

Last edited:

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)
I used this some years ago to make repairs to the grid on mine (carefully scraping away any excess using a razor blade). So far it seems to be holding up well.

https://www.amazon.com/CircuitWriter-Conductive-Ink-silver-based-4g/dp/B00B88B9KI

My 1990 has the same wiper arm Jerry posted, so it would seem the entire run of BIIs used the same.
I tried a similar product but didn't do anything. I think I just need it all scraped off and get a grid replacement kit and possibly have to rewire everything from the dash switch to the back window. Considering I just realized not too long ago why the rear wiper never worked, was a ground wire never was grounded to anything, wouldn't surprise me if the rear defrost wiring isn't connected to anything either....not sure what the PO of my Bronco 2 did but wasn't anything he did that was good that's for sure.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals