• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ranger Limited build

89Twincharge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Picked up this ranger about a month ago 2.3 5spd, Actual 130k truck! Have some explorer limited parts and gonna do a Ranger version! First pic is how I bought it. Slapped on the grill. Then lowered it cut 1 1/2 coil off front installed concentric bushings, shackle/hanger flipped rear and fitted the bumper on, though it's not adjusted yet because I have a straight filler panel I have to put on... more to come hopefully soon!

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
Don't tease us with pictures... then not post pictures!

89Twincharge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
The attach file button is close to the post button and my chunky thumbs caused a problem!(y)(y)

NIGERIAN RANGER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Picked up this ranger about a month ago 2.3 5spd, Actual 130k truck! Have some explorer limited parts and gonna do a Ranger version! First pic is how I bought it. Slapped on the grill. Then lowered it cut 1 1/2 coil off front installed concentric bushings, shackle/hanger flipped rear and fitted the bumper on, though it's not adjusted yet because I have a straight filler panel I have to put on... more to come hopefully soon!
What model year was this truck you picked pls?

89Twincharge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
91-94 explorer limited... if you get front bumper you should get the gauge trim(not sure what to call it) because it has provisions for fog light switch! Also have to use ranger bumper brackets or modify the explorer brackets

Last edited:

NIGERIAN RANGER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Is it possible to swap parts of off an explorer with a 4.0l engine? I meant, stuffs like the side mirrors, rear lights, seats, front ends, etc?

89Twincharge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Mirror rear lights no... dont think fenders will work either bit not sure . Hood headlights grill bumpers seats(with your ranger seat tracks) and dash stuff should all fit with very little or no modification!!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals