• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

RaceRangers Build

Alix

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
Thanks man! my truck isn't anything special but it's def a ton of fun. Your not to far from having the same capabilities.
Yeah, I guess I've only had the truck seven months. I'm just impatient though. I'm just going motor route before too crazy of suspension. I've got the travel just no motor to get it in the air lol I don't know how it is where you live but here we have a huge ricer crowd and I want to piss them of by being faster hahah

06RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah, I guess I've only had the truck seven months. I'm just impatient though. I'm just going motor route before too crazy of suspension. I've got the travel just no motor to get it in the air lol I don't know how it is where you live but here we have a huge ricer crowd and I want to piss them of by being faster hahah
was gonna say, how arent you... then i saw the 2.3

If i were you id drop in a 4.0 or 5.0 instead of investing into that 2.3, as my stock 4.0 blows away all the ricers in my town. its hilarious when a lifted truck just walks away from them :icon_rofl:

:headbang:

RR97, any updates on the truck? how was the carnage from the huckfest? Saw a blown tire, is that it?

RaceRanger97

April 2009 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Yeah, just ruined a paddle tire and de-beaded the front tire. I ran it the rest of the weekend after swapping tires. I am probably going to load it back up next week and go race in the Del Mar arena as it sits.

Alix

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
was gonna say, how arent you... then i saw the 2.3

If i were you id drop in a 4.0 or 5.0 instead of investing into that 2.3, as my stock 4.0 blows away all the ricers in my town. its hilarious when a lifted truck just walks away from them :icon_rofl:
The plan started with a 5.0 then my dad started something ridiculous. Idk if you've seen the build but he's gonna have a 600 HP Jeep and I need to keep up so I'm going with an aluminum high compression 5.3. After the cam I should have in excess of 400 HP to the wheels. Then we'll see how long before I need a 9" :icon_rofl:

RaceRanger97

April 2009 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
And Alix, the 2.3 may not be a power house but with a well tuned suspension it will be plenty fast in the rough. I promise you will have more fun with a well handling truck and less power than with a ton of power that's only useful on the street. More power than suspension will get you hurt.

Alix

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
And Alix, the 2.3 may not be a power house but with a well tuned suspension it will be plenty fast in the rough. I promise you will have more fun with a well handling truck and less power than with a ton of power that's only useful on the street. More power than suspension will get you hurt.
Idk at Silver Lake I was absolutely wringing every ounce of power out of that engine and it couldn't make it up a lot of the hills there. Or even get the air you were getting with your 2.3. Maybe the dunes here are different. I've always been good at limiting myself. I don't think I'll over drive the truck in the sand. I just want to be able to get the air that the truck can handle and I want to be able to go where ever I want in the dunes. New shocks and beams will be next winter. Along with a cage.

RaceRanger97

April 2009 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
New fav pic.

RaceRanger97

April 2009 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
If you do bring it to Del Mar can you let me know, I would still like to see this truck in person.
Absolutely, thinking about dropping it off down south at Moore's Metal Works this week so they can start building a custom dash for the truck, then picking it up on the 26th on my way to Del Mar. We'll see if I can make it work.

Last edited:

RaceRanger97

April 2009 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Found a bit of carnage from pismo, went out to the truck yesterday and all the power steering fluid was on the ground. Turns out both seals were blown out on the steering box. Kind of a pain in the ass but its good to go now. Few little things and it should be ready for Del Mar.

DFracing

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
would you try and race all 3 days, or just 1?

Cody Ray

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Found a bit of carnage from pismo, went out to the truck yesterday and all the power steering fluid was on the ground. Turns out both seals were blown out on the steering box. Kind of a pain in the ass but its good to go now. Few little things and it should be ready for Del Mar.
It wasn't parked in a driveway was it?

RaceRanger97

April 2009 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual

RaceRanger97

April 2009 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Didn't do a whole lot, but she is ready to rumble.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals