• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Pulstar Pulse Plugs

Quiksurf

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
not that i look to by the gimic splitfire or bosch 4+ or any of that other crap, but they seem to be reinventing the spark plug. anyone heard anything about these???

http://www.pulstarplug.com/index.html

Last edited:

thoughtcriminal

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.0 (until it breaks anyway)
Transmission
Manual
you arent going to get any better performance from "high performance spark plugs". A spark is a spark. The factory plugs and settings will perform about optimally in a stock engine.

my grandfather runs oe plugs in his dragster's 350.

also, i can't see these plugs lasting very long. there is a lot more to wear out in them

pillen140

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
probably wont do that much. who the frig knows though. they started selling those for lawn mowers a while back.

Big Jim M

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
probably wont do that much. who the frig knows though. they started selling those for lawn mowers a while back.
Pillen they can't do ANYTHING! Unless your present plugs are missing and worn out then you might see a gain when installing these plugs.. But if I came over in the night and changed to OEM plugs you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.. And THAT is supposing these WONDER plugs even preform as well as OEM! A spark is just a spark..and the OEM plug has been designed to work BEST in your engine.
Big JIm:wub::hottubfun:

dusto2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
ya those things are junk, we got 1 set in my store for free to test out(i work at a parts store),they sent us plugs for my bosses audi a4 that he has all hoped up, more boost different computer tuning exhaust, i mean the works its a quick car and he ran stock iridium plugs(that what is stock in the audi) he installed those plugs, and his cars check engine light came on in within 5miles after install, ran like shit. we put the stock iridiums back in and it ran perfect again cleared the code all was good. he decided to try them one more time thinking something got knocked loose during the swap, but it did the same thing again ran like shit and engine light on. i would stay away from them especially at the price they want for that junk. just mine own experience though results do vary but doubt it

Quiksurf

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
thanks for the info, i wasn't gonna buy them, but the new technology stuff always interests me. thanks for the heads up.

:icon_pepsi:

Evan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
On Horsepower TV this morning they did a dyno test of Pulstar plugs on a Camero. The Pulstars produced like 5 more HP and 7 more ft. lbs. of torque....

Personally, I don't see how they could work better than an OEM plug...

Bob Ayers

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Putting a capacitor across the plug electrodes is absolutely stupid! A capacitor will shunt the high voltage pulse being developed from the coil secondary, drastically slowing down the rise time. The current through the coil secondary will be increased, way beyond where the coil is designed to operate. In addition to that, there is a reliability concern with the capacitor shorting out, which will make the plug "DEAD".

Last edited:

laser3kw

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2000 3.0 / manual trans - orginial motor killed by failed CPS at 85k - r.i.p.
Transmission
Manual
Actually, they claim to have greater capacitance. Their gimmick is that the center electrode is not continuance. They manufacture the center electrode with a gap housed in the ceramic portion. It kind of act as a delay which allows the secondary winding to reach a higher voltage before it jumps both gaps ( their secret gap and the actual working gap).
We use to do something similar to get a lightly wet fouled two stroke plug to fire. We would pull the plug wire and hold it about 1/8" to 1/4" away from the plug terminal and have someone crank away.

Bob Ayers

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Actually, they claim to have greater capacitance. Their gimmick is that the center electrode is not continuance. They manufacture the center electrode with a gap housed in the ceramic portion. It kind of act as a delay which allows the secondary winding to reach a higher voltage before it jumps both gaps ( their secret gap and the actual working gap).
We use to do something similar to get a lightly wet fouled two stroke plug to fire. We would pull the plug wire and hold it about 1/8" to 1/4" away from the plug terminal and have someone crank away.
What your describing would be 2 capacitors in series, which would be less capacitance. The capacitor would be across the electrode gap (parallel), which would
increase the total capacitance.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals