• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

pulleys

loneranger04

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
after getting through the bull Dookie of performance upgrades. i have decided to go with a set of underdrive pulleys for my 2004 3.0L. i was wandering if anybody else has some other good info on them as for as Brands to buy/avoid Pros/cons and both good and bad experiences.

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
ive never actually used them, but ive heard they work well.

keep in mind that the slower spinning water pump and alternator means you loose some cooling and charging performance. probably wont become a problem unless you tow in warm weather and/or run a lot of aftermarket electrical accessories.

bikerboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I got my crank pulley from HERE. They have other pulleys as well. I don't tow or anything and I haven't noticed any decrease in charging or cooling performance.

JoshMcMadMac

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
ive never actually used them, but ive heard they work well.

keep in mind that the slower spinning water pump and alternator means you loose some cooling and charging performance. probably wont become a problem unless you tow in warm weather and/or run a lot of aftermarket electrical accessories.
Valid points that should definitely be taken into consideration, and I am not trying to take away from that; simply adding my experience. My truck pulled a Jeep up/down rolling hillside anywhere from 0-65MPH for an extended period of time, and the coolant never rose above the set temperature of my electric fan. 3.0L, 2WD. My 2¢.

loneranger04

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
i dont really tow alot so thats not a problem. i do alot of free way travel from VA to FL and some weekend romps in the dirt but nothing really stressful.

dzk007

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91
Make / Model
Explorer Sport
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Get the pulley. It will pay for itself in fuel savings before you know it.
I'm still running one of my prototypes in my '90 Aerostar 3.0L and it has over 100,000 miles on it without a problem. Yeah, I used to make them as an extra money thing but life got in the way.

Anyways, it's the "Best bang for the buck" mod around and with an electric fan it really pays off.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals