• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Power Capacity

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31”
Hello, I’m looking to put some KC Apollo pro lights on my Ranger, and was wondering if I would need to do any upgrades to the power system for them. The ones I was loookign at have 2x 100W bulbs. I’ll link them below.
thanks
KC Apollo Pro
https://www.kchilites.com/6-apollo-pro-pair-pack-system-black-kc-151-spread-beam.html?utm_source=google&utm_term=&utm_medium=&utm_campaign=PMX.Lighting&utm_content=&audience=&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQiA5fetBhC9ARIsAP1UMgEzYaCAlP2JjK-_ZpDSvBiqApiUtK3RbprWhYGV6ivi9k2YcAoKTDwaAsOIEALw_wcB

RobbieD

2.9l Mafia
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Toonces drives a Ranger . . . . just not very well.
The kit that you've linked includes a relay, and it should include wiring instructions on how to connect what comes in the kit.

Unless you have a lot of other added electrical accessories, the truck's electrical system should handle these lights. You do need to use the relay.

KC used to be a good manufacturer; I'm assuming that they still are. It looks like what comes in the kit is all that you'll need.

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
If you're buying that kit... the wiring that comes with it should work.

Your current vehicle wiring should be able to handle any loads on the low side of the relay. The higher current side of the relay should have the appropriate sized wire to handle the bulb load.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31”
Ok, thanks. I had figured that the engineers at KC had it covered and made sure the included harness could handle the power, just wanted to check though. And I don’t have any other accessories drawing power.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
The lights only draw 16.6 amps as a pair but like the others said, use the harness that came with it and make it take the load of the lights. It shouldn't take much to switch the relay on and off. Make sure you have a fuse protecting both sides of the wiring. 20 amps for the load side and whatever the relay needs to have enough amperage to switch it on and off.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals