• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Possible GEM problem

Nick Sturm

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
so i bought a 1995 3.0 manual xlt 2wd a while ago and it was an impounded car so there was alot missing ad alot wrong with the truck but slowly ive been fixing it up and i was wondering if anyone has any pics of the GEM Module behind the radio. I am very new to ford and im not paying a dealership to fix it. if you have pictures and not diagrams that would be very appreciated.

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
Are you sure that model has a GEM? I looked through Rock Auto and don't see it listed as a replacement part until 1998 year model, listed as a body control module. I realize that is not a definitive test. But it often works. Someone else will probably chime in who knows what year they started using a GEM or BCM in Rangers.

What specific problem(s) are you having? Do you have the EVTM for your truck?

Nick Sturm

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
On the fuse box it says GEM system on the diagrams. i have 2 extra harnesses behind the radio that are not for the radio. My wipers dont work and neither does the speedo or ODO and i replaced the worm gear and the VSS on the trans. Fuse #25 is a 7.5 and it blows every time i start the truck. me being an idiot decided to put in a 35 to see what would happen and it melted the connection on the back of the plastic board on the speedo. im gonna find that at a junkyard this weekend. The 2 harnesses are a longer flat with about 10 or more wires and a small one with 2 wires on it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals