• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Picked up a decent 4th gen!

Jraymer360

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic

Got a few cosmetic things wrong, needs a new rear bumper and i need a towing package, came with the stock 16's and some older stock 15's painted black. prob gonna go and try and find some stock size mud tires, do they even make them? has a little bit of rust but i do live in michigan and picked it up in ohio so what do you expect. paid 4300 and has 150xxx on the odo. overall i'm really happy!

Tominator

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 S-Trim 450HP
Transmission
Manual
Good find! Looks pretty strait too!

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Nice truck...I'd be curious about the bottom end if the rear bumper is that rusted...but it could just be a bad finish on the bumper leading to premature rust...

bigtruck94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994, 2002
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l v6, 5.4l triton
Transmission
Manual
Pretty nice pickup! I would make a custom rear bumper to replace that rusted out bumper. It would look good on it!

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
Nice truck! Not bad looking other than an easily fixed rear bumper. Check your spring hangers and rear frame. it might have some of that rust as well.

AJ

Jraymer360

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
nah i think it's just the bumper, i stepped on it to get into the bed and it almost crumpled, so no way i can take scrap back until i get a new bumper/ receiver. ( anyone want to trade a ranger receiver for an explorer one?) got it stuck, it takes a while to get it out of 4L...Stupid electric shift motors :(. truck has more power than i previously thought.

Gonna start fixing the stupid stuff and do fluid changes then seat covers and maybe a HU that i can hook up 1 10 to. i got a decent box just need a sub.

killj0y

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l 4 Banger
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Fix it till its broke!
nah i think it's just the bumper, i stepped on it to get into the bed and it almost crumpled, so no way i can take scrap back until i get a new bumper/ receiver. ( anyone want to trade a ranger receiver for an explorer one?) got it stuck, it takes a while to get it out of 4L...Stupid electric shift motors :(. truck has more power than i previously thought.

Gonna start fixing the stupid stuff and do fluid changes then seat covers and maybe a HU that i can hook up 1 10 to. i got a decent box just need a sub.
The bumper is probably fine just need new brackets. Hopefully it's the brackets and not the frame where it mounts...

Jraymer360

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
The bumper is probably fine just need new brackets. Hopefully it's the brackets and not the frame where it mounts...
well i would go check but it's cold out and midnight so i'm lazy. pretty sure it's the bumper itself, not the brackets, let alone the frame.

Ryannn

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Thats clean! I need to stop buying computer stuff and guns and I would have a nicer Ranger again! lol Nice find!

Jraymer360

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Sorry for pic sizes, the only way i can get pictures off my phone is to upload them from FB, Dunno why :(

Looks like it's the bumper. i got this truck with money that was meant for student loans. my next purchase with my tax returns if nothing major comes up is a decent semi-auto .22 or a .223. i wish i could afford an ar-15. but i only make 150/week...so whatever

Last edited:

colby450xc

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
Looks like the underside of my 95, a nightmare to work on...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals