• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Parking brake issues, 1998

YZ250Rider23

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hey guys.
I've got a 98 ranger, 2WD. I've got an annoying problem with my parking brake. Every time it is applied it kinda hangs up after it's released. Now this is where things get odd. Every single part in the system has been replaced. New shoes, drums, springs, all the cables (including the front one, which is a total pain). The only parts that have not been replaced is the parking brake bar and lever (the parts that actuate the brake inside of the drum). My truck has one of the self adjusting pedal assemblies (which I absolutly loath), and it is well lubed and seems to work smoothly. When I release the brake, there seems to be a little tension in the cable, if I reach under and give the cable a pull, that seems to help the problem alot. I would just deal with it, but it's a little embarresing on a date "hey, that's not a bad looking truck", "thanks, hey hold on for a minute while I hang out the door and yank my cable". Any ideas?

reno

Reaction score
This really should be in the Brake forum, repost it there and indicate whether or not the pedal comes up or not,which side of the cable gave slack after pulling it, (to the pedal or from the drums?).

YZ250Rider23

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Whoops, guess I'll find my way to the brake forum. thanks!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals