• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Only able to align driver side.

chazawazzle

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9 liter
Transmission
Manual
hey guys, so i finally put on my lift and took it to les schwab to have it alligned and they called me today and said that they couldnt do it because i would have to drop the bracket attached to the passenger side i beam down to the six inch hole. WHAT THE HELL IS HE TALKING ABOUT? if i did that, wouldnt i have six inches of lift on the passenger side and only four on the driver side? this is really stumping me on what to do.

1990 supercab 4x4
skyjacker 4/6 inch brackets
6inch coils
thanks in advance for any advice.

Tony Raine

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
hey guys, so i finally put on my lift and took it to les schwab to have it alligned and they called me today and said that they couldnt do it because i would have to drop the bracket attached to the passenger side i beam down to the six inch hole. WHAT THE HELL IS HE TALKING ABOUT? if i did that, wouldnt i have six inches of lift on the passenger side and only four on the driver side? this is really stumping me on what to do.

1990 supercab 4x4
skyjacker 4/6 inch brackets
6inch coils
thanks in advance for any advice.
your axle beam brackets have 2 holes to help align the axle with different amounts of lift. it sounds like you have the beams in the "upper" set of holes (which are for a 4" lift) but you have 6" lift coils.

drop BOTH beams to the lower holes, and take it back for an alignment. it should align fine, and the ride height should not be affected, or by only a fraction of an inch.

in this picture, you can see that my driver's side beam is attached to the "4 inch" hole, below it is the "6 inch" hole

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
The coils are what primarily dictate your lift height, not what hole the axle is in.

I've seen it before on a Skyjacker kit where one side had to be in the upper hole, and the other in the lower hole (for whatever reason, the holes are not exactly the same height on both sides, so it's possible for this to occur).

If you want it ideal, drill a 9/16" hole right smack in between the two holes on that bracket, and then mount the axle there. This would then match it up with the upper hole on the driverside.

chazawazzle

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9 liter
Transmission
Manual
so with the super cab lifted in the six inch holes, it should round out to about 4.5 inches right? im not going to need the huge pitman arm unless i do big coil spacers am i?

legoms013

09/2013 OTOTM
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
You'll need a minimum of at least the standard drop pitman arm for any amount of lift. An extreme drop is better or super runner is another good option.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals