• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

One question

VICTORHUGO

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0 STOCK
Transmission
Automatic
Finally i bought one ranger for turbocharging(3 days ago lol)is a 4 cylinders,stick shift(Mazda M50D-R1),and extra cab,the question is that trans can handle the power from the engine? or i saw couple T5 from mustangs with 2.3 from the year around 85-89,and that tranny is the same like the mustang with turbo?

and that is all,ok this is my parts!!

my collection of turbos lol(finally i go to used that turbos)

my choice is the T3 ar60,and i have 2 housings,.48 o 63!!

and the ihi(rhb52w or vj16 or 17) is for sale lol

and the manifold E6(i know is pretty nice the manifold lol,what you expect for 25 bucks with the turbo lol)

Davis

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
The M5OD can usually handle the power, but the t-5 is a far nicer transmission in my opinion. If you want a t-5 in a ranger you need the bellhousing and slave cylinder from an 87 or 88 tbird because they have the hydraulic clutch setup. Any transmission from a 4 cyl will work though.

VICTORHUGO

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0 STOCK
Transmission
Automatic
Nooo

Davis dont tell me that,the other day when i bought the turbo(ihi)and manifold,they have there the complete car :bawling::bawling:,87 Tbird,stick shift,with complete engine :bawling::bawling:,and i am in the junkyard very often lol(like 2-3 days per week)for buy a tranny from the Tbird,and all the engine harness and maybe the engine too,and the computer

this is the donor of the turbo and manifold

:bawling::bawling:

the engine

and other pic :bawling::bawling:

skyy_4life

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3 turbo
Transmission
Manual
so did someone take the stuff or you gonna skidattle back there and grab those parts? :)

VICTORHUGO

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0 STOCK
Transmission
Automatic
Impossible

The last came to the junkyard,some ****er remove the computer i think that Tbird have the la3 or something like that,and later i think in the engine,but that day i dont have money(normally i dont have it lol)and when came back 2 weeks later i saw that car in a pile of thrash cars :bawling::bawling:,and the stupids take all the engine bolt to the tranny T5,and destroy the bellhousing,and the manifold intake,they do a big mess with that engine!!

maybe tomorrow i check the junkyard and i hope found on Tbird,mustang,or merkur,the worst part i know that cars is not be a big production like mustang with v8,but i see often of that here in MEXICO :icon_thumby:

BogusSVO

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Automatic
what year ranger are you going to turbo?

if you have a 2.3 in your ranger, you need to go rob the rods and pistons out of the TC,

if your an 8 pulg head/OBDII you will not need the TC ECU

look here for more info..
http://turborangerforums.com/

VICTORHUGO

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0 STOCK
Transmission
Automatic
My junk

MY JUNK IS 93,AND 8 PULG FOR SURE,AND FOR BE 93 IS OBD1

AND I AM THINKING IN THE SET UP,U THINK IS THE BEST OR I AM WRONG?

http://www.stinger-performance.com/turboswap.html

I THINK USE

LA2 Computer (87-88 TC Manual)
3" VAM (Vane Air Meter)

AND MAYBE FOR THE MOMENT,ONLY THE TURBO AND A FMU :sad:,AND BE CHECKING THE JUNKYARD FOR GRAB ALL THE PARTS I NEED FOR DO RIGHT MY TURBO SET UP

BogusSVO

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Automatic
first go read on the forum I posted.. we all are turbo rangers over there....

go rob the pistons and rods out of the thunderbird Turbo coupe, they are forged pistons, the ones in your engine are cast.

ok you will want the la/lb/8Ua ecu.. and do the rewire for your truck harness
yes I know about stinger,

VICTORHUGO

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0 STOCK
Transmission
Automatic
I have almost all

I FOUND 2 TURBO CARS IN THE JUNKYARD,A MERKUR 87 WITH 80 K MILES OR KILOMETERS I DONT REMEMBER,AND WHEN I SEE THE ODOMETER I DONT BELIEVE,I THINK IN THE MEXICAN TRICK OF REMOVE THE MILES FROM THE CARS :thefinger::thefinger:,BUT LATER CAME AND SOMEBODY REMOVE THE HEAD AND LOOK LIKE THIS

IN VERY GOOD CONDITION,AND I CHECK THE CRANK AND DONT HAVE NO CUTS OR SCRATCH,THE ROD BEARINGS IN THE SAME CONDITION,AND T NOTHING OF WEAR IN THE CILINDERS WALL,AND OF COURSE IS NOW IN MY GARAGE :yahoo::yahoo:,WITH THE 4 BROWN TOP INJECTORS,THE COMPUTER FROM ONE TURBO COUPE I FOUND THERE TOO,THIS WEEK BE MY LUCKY WEEK,AND FROM THAT ENGINE I REMOVE THE PISTONS TOO.

THE COMPUTER LB2

OTHER SHOT OF THE BLOCK,I BOUGHT ONLY THE BLOCK,WITH FLYWHEEL,AND PULLEYS,

P.S AND I HAVE MORE QUESTION THAT ENGINE BE IN A MERKUR WITH AUTOMATIC TRANS,IS THE SAME THE CRANKSHAFT? BECAUSE I THINK THE BACK OF THE CRANKSHAFT IS MORE THICHK :(,AND THE FLYWHEEL I PUT IN THE MERKUR BLOCK IS FROM RANGER 88 IS THE SAME THAN THE TURBOCUOPE STICK SHIFT?,AND WHAT IS BETTER THE DIS SYSTEM OR DISTRIBUITOR FROM TC?,I DONT BUY THAT BUT I HIDE IN THE JUNKYARD LOL!!

THE ONLY THING I NEED I THINK IS THE BIG VAM!!

IF SOMEBODY NEED A CRANKSHAFT FROM TC WITH AT,AND THE RODS JOURNALS HAVE CUT IN .010,BUT NO SCRATCHS OR ANYTHIG,IF U ARE INTERESTED SEND ME A PM,I HAVE PAY PAL :) AND EBAY ACCOUNT TO FOR SALE CRAP LOL!!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals