• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

oh...my....god IM IN LOVE

dburton07

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.Ugh
Transmission
Automatic
theres another vid on there somewhere where i guy put a straight 6 cummins in a 70s monte carlo

ish474

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I have heard of people using the 4cyl cummins for jeeps and things but never in anything street oriented.

thegoat4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I take it back. Not even a mid-sized diesel. It's a BABY diesel.

I would be impressed if it was a straight 6 Cummins or a 7.3 Powerstroke. He's basically made it into all show, no go.
Heh, that little 4-cylinder set up properly is more than strong enough to tear the rest of that truck and the surrounding neighborhood to teensy-weensy pieces.

It's a cummins. Any cummins is all go. The owner is just a doorknob.

red85

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
306 ci
Transmission
Automatic
Lose the gay stacks and the paint job and I'd really like something like that. Of course, I'd have to try biodiesel and hydrogen...

projectnitemare

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
396W
Transmission
Manual
I thought it was cool how he had a y-pipe for the stacks in the bed....not. Kinda cool truck just not executed properly.

Matt

lil red

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
id love a 4tb cummins in my truck

perfict for piney hill climes(the pine barrons in nj)

i just got home actually

Jspafford

Logan Andrew Feb 17, 2012
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevy 3500HD
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
6.6L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
5"
Tire Size
35"
Nice truck, too bad they didn't tune it and leave the pipes off. It would be a sweet ass sleeper.

No need for the smoke though, really.

danger88ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
If you want that kind of smoke you put a switch on the mass air sensor when you shut it off it just dumps fuel down the exhaust pipe. It sounds like a 12 valve though so it might not have one. But seriously if you ever took a cummins apart you wouldn't want one in your ranger. They weigh as much as another ranger sitting on the front of your truck. hell the wrist pin is like 1.75".
:agree: I helped a buddy put a 24v cummins in a truck last year. That thing was one som' bitch to get out and move around.

Hahnsb2

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Make / Model
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
Smoke isn't as bad as some of you guys think, although his is a little much, most of the time a turned up motor like that will hardly puff at all when driven "Normally". I don't like people who smoke around a lot of traffic, it hurts the diesel community otherwise I could care less how much it smoked. An explorer owner on another forums claims 30+ MPG with his 4bt sploder. Plenty of fullsize dodge cummins with 600+ HP are capable of 20+ MPG highway... It would look better with a single stack too. After watching the video again, his truck doesn't smoke that much, notice it clears up just fine when it spools, the large clouds are caused by him intentionally lugging it.

Last edited:

wahlstrom1

J-man HD Mech
OTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
I have heard of people using the 4cyl cummins for jeeps and things but never in anything street oriented.
Check out 4btswaps.com, many people use them for street oriented swaps especially oriented for mileage.

Hate to tell you but the big diesels will not get you better mpg than your Ranger. Well, those really aren't the big diesels, they are a mid-sized diesel. That black smoke is just loads of raw, unburnt, wasted fuel. Idiots like that give diesel enthusiasts a bad rep.
I have got a personal best of 27 mpg with my ranger when it was stock, and averaged around 18. My shop foreman has a 91' W250 ex cab long bed w/ 5 speed and averages 22mpg city and 29mpg highway driving. Even with all the smoke (soot) it's still putting out less toxic emissions than a properly running gasoline engine.

I've talked to the owner, and although he has turned his pump up considerably he had another issue causing most of the smoke you see. He had split an intake boot, causing a complete loss of boost and the huge amount of smoke you see. I'm planning the same swap on my truck for this winter/spring and am planning on getting 25+ mpg, while cranking out around 200HP and close to 500ftlbs.

-andrew

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Riddle me this then... How WITHOUT a y-pipe in the bed, do you turn a single pipe off of the turbo on the passenger side, into tow pipes one on each side???

dburton07

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.Ugh
Transmission
Automatic
wow i thought this thread was long gone haha, good deal.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals