• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New Tremor Ranger

gw33gp

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
33"
I was recently on an trip through Anza Borrego Desert with 4 or 5 2019+ Rangers. This gave me an opportunity to personally see how well they perform off-road. I am interested in eventually having one.

We had quite a Range of different models from bare bones to top of the line or at least near it. All seemed to perform well but I was particularly impressed with the Tremor. It has a lot of features for improved off-road capability from the factory that is to my liking. The two features that caught my attention most were the Fox shocks with remote reservoir and basically 33" tires. This one also had the Ford tune installed by the dealer so to not void the warranty. I don't remember the other upgrades Ford put into it but it handled itself very well, with the help of the driver of course. It took a lot of rough stuff in stride without straining. I understand this one may eventually get a little bit of lift for more ground clearance.

If I was in the market for a new Ranger right now, the Tremor would be the I would go for. I am still hoping Ford will eventually put the small V6 EcoBoost in the Ranger. I think the 4 cyl EcoBoost has good power but 4 cyl engines are not as smooth as I prefer, especially at idle. I think the only changes I would make is add a leveling kit (if needed) and add air bags to the rear so it would not sag when towing or carrying a load in the bed.

I do like the new Ford Ranger.

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
Nice to hear what you thought of it.

I still think the next gen Ranger will have a few things not available in the current. One being the V6.

Would be nice to see some goodies from the New Bronco bleed over too.

HenryMac

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2019, '31, '27
Make / Model
Ranger, A & T
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo, 350, 5.0 HO
Transmission
Automatic
Total Drop
Stock, about a foot, about a foot
Tire Size
LT 265/65 R17, P285/70R15 & P195/65R15, 820-15 & 500-15
I think the only changes I would make is add a leveling kit (if needed) and add air bags to the rear so it would not sag when towing or carrying a load in the bed.

I do like the new Ford Ranger.
Have you seen a 5th gen Ranger with a load in the bed? Here's ours with about 1,100 lbs of drywall and plywood. That load basically leveled out the truck, and the truck still drove and performed almost like it was empty.

I don't know what you're plannig to haul or tow, but these trucks are beasts, right from the factory.

Attachments

gw33gp

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
33"
If a leveling kit is installed, the rear would drop lower than the front when a load is put in the rear. That is why I would add the air bags to the rear. I would install the leveling kit for one, to make the truck level when unloaded and two, to give it a little more ground clearance when off road. My trucks spend a lot of time off-road. I normally don't install other types of lift kits because I don't want the center of gravity to get too high.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals